Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,060

0 members and 3,060 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

wanted: 1000+ gram norm female

i would like to speed up my pastel project as i only have a 700 gram female. i dont care whether its ltc cbb wc it just has to be eating . thanks in advance
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

Re: wanted: 1000+ gram norm female

If you look on KS there are a few ads up for proven adults. One of the sellers I've heard good things about, the other I have no clue on. I'd call and see what they have to say. The prices are uber cheap for this time of year though so I'd definately ask good questions.

There was also a guy on there with WCs for 150 shipped but I don't remember if they were eating.

Good luck, though you realize you won't be able to breed this year because of quaranteening and things right? Well... possibly early next year I suppose....

I talk too much some times.

Toodles and good luck

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: wanted: 1000+ gram norm female

Jeff, what would you be willing to pay for a captive bred normal female, about 1200-1500 grams that will eat at least 2 rats a week?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uro1001
    i would like to speed up my pastel project as i only have a 700 gram female. i dont care whether its ltc cbb wc it just has to be eating . thanks in advance
    You might want to be really careful if you get a wc. Some of the older wc females are really heistant about breeding for a few years.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Jeff, what would you be willing to pay for a captive bred normal female, about 1200-1500 grams that will eat at least 2 rats a week?
    it really depends on color pattern etc but id be willing to pay 250$ i know you can probably get more but im somewhat on a tight budget because my boa has been through intensive care and its costing alot. thanks
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.

Thanks

Jeff, seriously be careful. What you can likely get for $250.00 for a mature, ready to breed this year female is likely not going to be anything worthwhile. Unless you have a friend that will cut you a deal or a breeder being very generous. I have three females in breeding range this year and I can tell you no way in hell would I value them at only $250.00. Just don't want to see you get ripped off looking for a breeding size female for that kind of cash at this time of the year.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uro1001
    it really depends on color pattern etc but id be willing to pay 250$ i know you can probably get more but im somewhat on a tight budget because my boa has been through intensive care and its costing alot. thanks
    Can i ask why your boa is in intensive care? If your boa is in bad enough shape to need intensive care,maybe you should hold off on getting another snake.I only say this as a suggestion not being rude.Like others have allready mentioned you more then likely will end up with a crappy snake if you do find a "female" of that size at this time of the year.Or someone could just sell you a male in that size since it sounds like you are rather new to snakes.Once again breeding ball pythons is nothing to hurry up things or take short cuts in as you will most likely fail.Look for a yearling female and raise her up to breeding size,i know you can find some in your range of price with ease.This of course after you get your boa back to good health.
    Joe Haggard

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: wanted: 1000+ gram norm female

Jeff, You would have to be at least 5 times of where your at now, for a big captive bred female. they are a very valuable commodity. co dom morphs do not happen without a big normal female. no doubt you will see some on ks for cheap, but what you are buying is a cheap ball python.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Jeff, You would have to be at least 5 times of where your at now, for a big captive bred female. they are a very valuable commodity. co dom morphs do not happen without a big normal female. no doubt you will see some on ks for cheap, but what you are buying is a cheap ball python.
    1500 gram CBB females are valued at least $1250?
    bryan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    Can i ask why your boa is in intensive care? If your boa is in bad enough shape to need intensive care,maybe you should hold off on getting another snake.I only say this as a suggestion not being rude.Like others have allready mentioned you more then likely will end up with a crappy snake if you do find a "female" of that size at this time of the year.Or someone could just sell you a male in that size since it sounds like you are rather new to snakes.Once again breeding ball pythons is nothing to hurry up things or take short cuts in as you will most likely fail.Look for a yearling female and raise her up to breeding size,i know you can find some in your range of price with ease.This of course after you get your boa back to good health.
    lol i own 30+ snakes in my home and own my own shop. i am just new to ball pythons. eclark, thanks for the heads up on how much norm females can be i wasnt really aware. chances are sadly the boa will not make it as he has ibd and a broken spine(long story dont ask) ill just raise up my female and will be browsing around for some adults. thanks
    jeff

steve,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast