Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,361

4 members and 3,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: 225 Gram Male Spider Ball

Ken, you say your 2007 spiders will not be cheap, you need to be competive or your collection will be very large. price gougeing is not good for ball python sales. its funny you giving me advice on how to price my snakes, coming from someone who produces nothing. if my prices are so low, put your money where your big mouth is. Buy them.

Thanks

Re: 225 Gram Male Spider Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    you need to be competive or your collection will be very large.
    I think that's the main problem.... That seems to be the thought that a lot of the smaller breeders seem to have.. (I'm not in any way calling you a small breeder, btw). Everyone thinks that if someone advertises a Lesser for $2000 that they HAVE to sell THEIRS for $2000. Have you ever driven down the street and seen a gas station on two corners of the street? Do they have the same prices? Are there cars at both gas stations?

Here's the simple fact.... I have seen prices all over the board this year for every morph.... and they're all selling. People are paying $2000 for a spider this year...... People are paying $10000 for Lessers this year.... yet others are selling them for $4000, or less. That is their perogative... as it is yours to price your animals for whatever you'd like.

its funny you giving me advice on how to price my snakes, coming from someone who produces nothing.
    That's KINDA my point! lol I'm frustrated!

When I DO begin producing animals, all of the price droppers will have lowered the price points on all of my production. So, that's entirely my point. And your customers that are buying your male pastels for $275 this year, by the time they're ready to breed him... (either this year for 07 or the following year for 08) will experience what YOU currently probably experience with all of the normal males that you produce.... They'll either be impossible to sell, or will be sold off for $50 a piece because according to YOU, they'll have to be competetive in order to sell them.

if my prices are so low, put your money where your big mouth is. Buy them.
    That's okay... I've got a breeder that I'm completely confident in, produces great quality animals, is one of the best customer service minded people I know, and supports me with every problem I have. I'm willing to pay a little extra to get a whole lot of piece of mind.
    Ken

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: 225 Gram Male Spider Ball

Another look at this spectacular spider.

Thanks

I really don't see what the fuss is all about

Big name breeders(and I could list them if need be) have male spiders listed for $1000 each........and I have even seen some posers advertising them $800 because they got lodged up MKRs rearend, forgot what it means to intelligently be competive by dropping the price by $5-$10 (like Ed did ) and dropped the price by a few hundred.

Prices will be prices.....what can you do? As long as there are people out there that do not look at the big picture.....there will ALWAYS be a pricing issue. This is nothing new to the reptile industry.....it has happened before and will happen again....just conduct yourself properly and handle business wisely and you will make money no matter what the prices are....people have been doing it for years
    Last edited by daniel1983; 09-29-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    I really don't see what the fuss is all about

Big name breeders(and I could list them if need be) have male spiders listed for $1000 each........and I have even seen some posers advertising them $800 because they got lodged up MKRs rearend, forgot what it means to intelligently be competive by dropping the price by $5-$10 (like Ed did ) and dropped the price by a few hundred.

Prices will be prices.....what can you do? As long as there are people out there that do not look at the big picture.....there will ALWAYS be a pricing issue. This is nothing new to the reptile industry.....it has happened before and will happen again.
    Very well said. ALso that is nicke looking spider there. He is hott!

-Andre

R.I.P. Rena Ross 1-31-07 11:00 A.M. CST

Thanks

nice spider Ed

i think we are beginning to see alot of morphs go from "investment only" to the "pet level". buyers are from both corners, some buying to breed and make some change, some buying just to have one, with no intentions on breeding. nothing wrong with either one

the pet market in general is a lower priced market, but the customer base is HUGE. the investment market while smaller will pay more on one snake. pros and cons on both sides. personally i wouldn't pay 5-10K for a snake just to hold and look at. now if my intentions are to breed that snake, make my money back, have a kick ass hobby that pays for itself, and maybe make some extra coin! i'm down with that.

nothing wrong with supply vs demand lowering prices on snakes. some price drops this year were a little drastic!
    i don't think supply has increased that much this season.
    when petsmart has mojo's and lessers for 99.99, then supply is up!

support breeders who support you and your goals.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kavmon

support breeders who support you and your goals.

vaughn
    well said vaughn
    “The richest value of wilderness lie not in the days of Daniel Boone, nor even in the present but rather in the future.” - Aldo Leopold

Banned
    Thanks

Re: 225 Gram Male Spider Ball-SOLD

The male spider ball has been sold. thanks Justin D.

Thanks

The male spider ball has been sold. thanks Justin D.
    Thank you for not just Putting Justin ...lol......Im not Justin D. BTW...

I have gotten a bad PM from a person on a difffrent forum that a nother person named Justin had boughten somehting that they were about to buy and the breeder put thanks Justin.....

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

I don't know if anyone noticed but NERD has Spider's starting 1,000 dollar's. This whole priceing debate is what I least like about the ball python hobby. I paid 1,500 for my albino and I know I won't be selling my babie's for that amount and I'm fine with that reality. I can't tell you how many albino's I saw in daytona for 1,200 on saturday and I'll tell you this even the biggest baddest breeder's were selling their morph's for almost half the market price on sunday. Now tell me what the difference is between shipping a Bp or buying it at daytona on sunday when they are unloading them.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast