Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,205

0 members and 3,205 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Is this a good deal - cont. ?? (DUW)

Judy, in my wife's post you said

In that case, I would say it all depends entirely on the quality of the pastel. If you don't care about its quality and just want the "pastel gene" then I guess you just look for the cheapest price you can find. But if it were me personally, I wouldn't buy any pastel without guidance from someone I trust who is very experienced in judging high quality pastels.
    So, I am asking for some advice from some of you pastel pros. The following 3 females are avaible (each around 200 grams), each for $375 plus shipping -

And the following 2 are available (each around 100 grams), either for $550 shipped -

I am far from a pastel expert, so any input anyone could give us on these would be helpful. I do not have an image of the other option, that my wife originally asked about, since I am at work - but I will see if she can put up a pic.

Thanks for any advice!

-BT

Thanks

Re: Is this a good deal - cont. ?? (DUW)

from me

Maybe you guys should go to the Tampa show and see what's available there before making a commitment to these others. just a thought. But those look very nice IMO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathanledet
    from me

Maybe you guys should go to the Tampa show and see what's available there before making a commitment to these others. just a thought. But those look very nice IMO
    Oh we are just doing research in case the Tampa show produces nothing. We aren't committing to anything until we gat back from Tampa - we want to see what is there first.

-BT

Thanks

IMO I would say the nicest of the group is number 2 in the $550 shipped grouped.

You want to look for ones with nice blushing, and as little orange as possible since that tends to brown out as they age. These all have varying amounts of orange (some more than others) but the one I mentioned also has some nice blushing.

Thanks

This is the pastel female weighing in at 300+ grams that is for sale to us for $550, if we by her we have the chance to pick 1 of 3 males he has and by it for 200 bucks.

Here is a pastel male for sale I would like you all to look at (Eclarks and Adams input much appriciated) He weighs 750 grams, and is priced at $450-$475
    I rack my husbands balls & show my rack on Ball-Pythons.net
    ~I make girls with balls look good~

Qiksilver "
    yes, watch your children, I'll convert them to satanism..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAudOne
    ... Adams input much appriciated)
    I'm sorry, but I don't think that it would be appropriate for me to comment on another breeders deal.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Adam pulling punches ....very honorable and totaly business like? I admire you for that

I think they are right if breeding line is of no concern to you then get the cheapest pastel you can find but if the background and genetics is of concern then look in to a snake with a more extencive back ground. Like on Adams sight for example he list NERD and VPI line jungle pastels and lemons very reputable breeder, current breeder is a line breeder and can follow their gene line and know that they weren't inbreed and are of the best quality. Thats what to look for when buying for genes if you wish to breed or are just picky about your animals background. Good breeders also offer a genetic background on their animal from one or even two genurations back.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    I'm sorry, but I don't think that it would be appropriate for me to comment on another breeders deal.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

-adam
    Thank you Adam and Freakie Frog, yeah we arent worried about price, just the quality of the BP. Being that this would be our pastel, I wasnt sure what to look for. But after your post Frakie Frog, I think we have a better idea.

Thank you thank you.

~Audrey

Qiksilver "

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Although I am not an expert by any means. THe female in post #5 looks very very nice, almost lemony. However the male in that same post has browned out a lot. For quality some of all look good, but if I were choosing I'd grab the lemony female, and then find a male that matches her quality.
    Again I am NOT a pastel expert, or a ball python expert, although I did stay in a Quality Inn last night! Wait.. no I didn't. Never mind.
    Wolfy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound
    Although I am not an expert by any means. THe female in post #5 looks very very nice, almost lemony. However the male in that same post has browned out a lot. For quality some of all look good, but if I were choosing I'd grab the lemony female, and then find a male that matches her quality.
    Again I am NOT a pastel expert, or a ball python expert, although I did stay in a Quality Inn last night! Wait.. no I didn't. Never mind.
    Wolfy
    You crack me up^

Qiksilver "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast