Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

3 members and 3,274 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Re: Cooling down question

Last year we began cooling on October first, and started shortening the light cycle on the same day. By the 15th of October we had our lights adjusted to 12 hours of light and dark, and we began introducing females into male enclosures. We stopped cooling on April first, and started bring the amount of daylight back up to 14 hours. This year, we are going to try something a little different. We are going to start our cooling on October 31st and dropping the daylight hours at the same time. We are trying this this year to attempt to get a little more weight on some females and some males. I don't think it will hurt us any this year, as our incubator was shut down at the end of July this year. If anything, we will just have a few later clutches this year, and hopefully catch some females that we think may not have been ready so early last year. Good luck to everyone this season.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Re: Cooling down question

Quote Originally Posted by muddoc
    Last year we began cooling on October first, and started shortening the light cycle on the same day. By the 15th of October we had our lights adjusted to 12 hours of light and dark, and we began introducing females into male enclosures. We stopped cooling on April first, and started bring the amount of daylight back up to 14 hours. This year, we are going to try something a little different. We are going to start our cooling on October 31st and dropping the daylight hours at the same time. We are trying this this year to attempt to get a little more weight on some females and some males. I don't think it will hurt us any this year, as our incubator was shut down at the end of July this year. If anything, we will just have a few later clutches this year, and hopefully catch some females that we think may not have been ready so early last year. Good luck to everyone this season.
    Tim, my thoughts exactly.. I wanted to be able to get some more weight on the ladies and I wont be in town anyways. Thanks for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12