Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,348

1 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Negative reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kittyish
    i belong to another site which is a game clan site and we all love our rep... but when i came here and recieved a bad rep point cause my grammar suks when i type thats B.S. i play pc games rts to be specific and i dont have time nor care enough to use proper grammar.... when i type up a resume or something important then i care .... but this stuck up behavior shows that my place isnt here... ty all for the info on my snakes see ya l8ers.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one of the reasons why some people don't take the hobby seriously, is because when someone types " lyk dis", we all look lazy and whatnot.

It's bad enough people don't care for snakes, lets not make them think we're lazy too. I don't bash someone for their grammar, but when someone tries to take the short way out for every word, it makes posts hard to read and people will just skip your posts...

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Bye!

We hardly knew ye....
    i second that...
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

i belong to another site which is a game clan site and we all love our rep... but when i came here and recieved a bad rep point cause my grammar suks when i type thats B.S. i play pc games rts to be specific and i dont have time nor care enough to use proper grammar.... when i type up a resume or something important then i care .... but this stuck up behavior shows that my place isnt here... ty all for the info on my snakes see ya l8ers.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't know if you'll ever read this if you've really left, but I hope you do.

Actually, we frown heavily on people that pick on other people's spelling and grammar. However, at times, folks may make suggestions that would help the poster get their point across more readily...such as a suggestion to please use punctuation...or to note that a post filled with "game-speak" might get overlooked by a lot of members here because they really don't like reading it. Those sorts of suggestions are not being critical, but are attempting to be helpful.

It's entirely up to the person posting how much effort they want to put into their spelling and grammar....and the return they get on that effort will often show.

All that being said....if you actually read this thread, I would hope it had come across to you that we do not tolerate abuse of the rep system and if you feel it was used incorrectly (as it sounds like it was!) then you could have sent a PM to any staff member to check it out and get the situation taken care of. But we can't fix these things if they're not brought to our attention.

If you want to let one grouchy apple dictate your impression of an entire forum's community....well then, good luck wherever you go.
    -- Judy

Thanks

ok then picture this scenario... in bed for the past 2 days all doped up on nyquil and hot toties because i was sicker than a dog... found a great site that i am trying to cozy into as my third home with ppl who are as crazy about exotics as i am... found some great advice for tank set up that i am anxious to try as soon as my nose stops drippin... go to put up an ava on my acct and see me in the red with this to be said "grammar is your friend so please use it". when i saw that the first thought was "now just who the heck do you think you are" amongst other things... i know i shoulda stepped back, took a breather and blown my still drippin nose that is also buggin the bejeebus outta me... i wrote out of the heat of the moment and all i would like to say to that person is he is the link to the clan site where the only grammar thats good is in poilcies and laws and where in all the posts and threads are simular to this in how i type http://www.warriornation.net/Forum/index.php ... and to please post a pic of your monitor with all the grammar corrections cause i need a good phlem filled laugh i know that that post was childish and extreme and am more than willing to admit that... but place yourself in my shoes and i am pretty sure that you would feel or think the same way i did when i saw that.... i woulda responded better if some1 had just told me that through a pm instead of tarnishing my rep points .... in warriornation we pride ourselves on the rep system and i know that this isnt warriornation and now know not to take this personal ... thats where i was coming from and the point i shoulda made earlier.... and as for too lazy to type i am not that lazy when i care for as big of family as i have .... and like i said on posts and replies i am not here to get an A+ on grammar but get better knowledge about my snakes...
    Last edited by kittyish; 09-16-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks

sry bout the double post thought that i lost it and retyped it didnt know the 1st one went through ffs :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    I don't know if you'll ever read this if you've really left, but I hope you do.

Actually, we frown heavily on people that pick on other people's spelling and grammar. However, at times, folks may make suggestions that would help the poster get their point across more readily...such as a suggestion to please use punctuation...or to note that a post filled with "game-speak" might get overlooked by a lot of members here because they really don't like reading it. Those sorts of suggestions are not being critical, but are attempting to be helpful.

It's entirely up to the person posting how much effort they want to put into their spelling and grammar....and the return they get on that effort will often show.

All that being said....if you actually read this thread, I would hope it had come across to you that we do not tolerate abuse of the rep system and if you feel it was used incorrectly (as it sounds like it was!) then you could have sent a PM to any staff member to check it out and get the situation taken care of. But we can't fix these things if they're not brought to our attention.

If you want to let one grouchy apple dictate your impression of an entire forum's community....well then, good luck wherever you go.
    forgive me for being ignorant... but what is game speak?
    0.1 bp (julius - rehomed in 2008)
    0.1 red tail boa (bianca - rehomed in 2008)
    1.1 persian cats (morris [RIP 2016] & oscar [RIP 2015])
    1.0 burmese python (strawberry - rehomed in 2008)
    2.0 leopard geckos (quincy & froederick - rehomed in 2008)
    0.0.1 mouse in the freezer (roger - no idea. hopefully i removed him)
    1.0 bp (neke - yellow belly ball)

Thanks

short words like ffs and fgg or ffg or ffa etc., and while in battle giving your partner orders that are abbreviated... very incomplete thoughts and sentance structure is out the window from that point...

Thanks

short words like ffs and fgg or ffg or ffa etc., and while in battle giving your partner orders that are abbreviated... very incomplete thoughts and sentance structure is out the window from that point...
    ffs? fgg? ffa = free for all?

battle? are you talking about online games or some new movement that i am unaware of
    0.1 bp (julius - rehomed in 2008)
    0.1 red tail boa (bianca - rehomed in 2008)
    1.1 persian cats (morris [RIP 2016] & oscar [RIP 2015])
    1.0 burmese python (strawberry - rehomed in 2008)
    2.0 leopard geckos (quincy & froederick - rehomed in 2008)
    0.0.1 mouse in the freezer (roger - no idea. hopefully i removed him)
    1.0 bp (neke - yellow belly ball)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

battle games are awesome. i used to play delta force black hawk down. dont play it anymore though.
    -marshall

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bchapman
    ffs? fgg? ffa = free for all?

battle? are you talking about online games or some new movement that i am unaware of
    for f*** sakes
    fun good game
    you got the last one right
    for fun game
    cw = clan war
    mh=map hacker
    you can find these terms on command and conquer zero hour along with many others.... online games ...

Thanks

My comments on the rep system:

Purple elephants parade on command.

That is all...
    bryan

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast