Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,688

1 members and 2,687 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,562
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Packaging/Shipping Snakes

Could someone give me some detailed information on how to properly package ball pythons for shipping? I understand that it has many requirments, and I do plan on getting certified by fed-ex before doing this. Any pictures would be great and for all the things that are included in the packaging like the heat/cold packs and all the materials I would like to know how I could get that. Thank you very VERY much for any help on this one!
    -Jon

Thanks

Re: Packaging/Shipping Snakes

Here's a thread that should be able to help you out. http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=28253
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Yeah, I've read that thread which is about how to become verified and be able to ship the snakes. I would like to know how to package the snakes. Thanks anyways.
    -Jon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwk811
    Yeah, I've read that thread which is about how to become verified and be able to ship the snakes. I would like to know how to package the snakes. Thanks anyways.
    What most use to ship young snakes in is deli-cups.If you look at www.superiorenterprise.com, you look under containers you will see every size they sell.Or for larger snakes the also sell snake bags with rope ties.They also sell the boxes most use and they also come in several sizes.I ship thru fedex and they complimented me on my packing when i sent in my test box .I taped every lid and placed newspaper inside and the containers that the snakes would have been inside of never moved a inch.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Oh wow, they have like everything I'm going to be needing there. Just a few more questions: Do you have to make holes in the boxes for it to breathe? The boxes on that website. And which size boxes should I use for a ball pythons, from baby to adult. Also how come you put a heat pack and a cold pack in the box, won't that just even it out, lol?! And should I use snake bags, or deli cups?
    -Jon

Thanks

I wouldn't imaging you'd have to put holes in the box.

The heat packs are in case you're shipping somewhere cold. I believe it's vice versa for somewhere hot...Never heard of anyone putting a hot and cold pack in...so i don't know if it's done.

When you ship, it's ideal to make sure the shipment will arrive next day, as early as possible. That's why avg. shipping is about 50 bucks per shipment.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's a set of pictures that show an excellent packing job...top notch! (And no, there are no holes in the cardboard box, it "breathes" enough on its own.)

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=29104

Hope that helps some.
    -- Judy

Thanks

without a doubt, one of the best packing jobs in the biz!

vaughn

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwk811
    Oh wow, they have like everything I'm going to be needing there. Just a few more questions: Do you have to make holes in the boxes for it to breathe? The boxes on that website. And which size boxes should I use for a ball pythons, from baby to adult. Also how come you put a heat pack and a cold pack in the box, won't that just even it out, lol?! And should I use snake bags, or deli cups?
    I use the 12x9x6 for the ball pythons up to sub-adult size.As far as the delicups or bags its up to you.I punch a hole on each side of the box for extra air,as long as your snake are secure in the deli containers or bag they can not escape.The heat packs are for cool or cold weather and the cold packs are for hot times of the year,you do not use them both at the same time.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Okay sweeeeeeeet. I saw kind of how the package was build up. The box with the foam which I saw at that site and I'll probably be using a heat pack if I were to ship a snake out now, and I'll just put it on one side. Now, what was the box filled with? What was between the snake bag and the foam on the side of the box? That's one of the most important parts.
    -Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast