Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,212

0 members and 3,212 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile A Sphynx named Doorknob

and while i was posting this...

hope everyone is doing well
    -billy
    We are here to laugh at the odds and live so well that Death will tremble to take us -Bukowski
    0.1.1 BPs (Aza and Abasi)
    0.1 RTB (Eden)
    0.0.1 Cornsnake (Sarge)
    1.0 Sphynx kitten (Doorknob)
    0.1 Boo (Brett)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: A Sphynx named Doorknob

What a fascinating cat!

Mind if I ask a few questions?

Are their ears typically bigger than other cats'? Or does it just look like they're bigger because they're not partially buried by fur?
    Are they prone to chills?
    How are their temperments?

Looks like a very sweet kitty...especially when biting the nose!
    -- Judy

Thanks

too cute....i have a question too...Are these good cats to have if you've got hard core cat allergies? my g/f is very allergic to cat dander and I want a cat....i love cats...but she's extremely allergic...could this be an alternative?

Thanks

Wow, What a beauty!

Thanks

sooooooo cute, yet soooooo creepy! tht nose biting pic is like a goblin greature killing you lol!

Thanks

Thank you everyone So to answer questions...
    Their ears are a bit bigger than most cats and part of it is the optical illusion because of no hair. (reminds me of fox ears.)
    They are prone to chills but its easily fixed by just having a little cat bed and a blanket in it. A rule of thumb is just if you'd feel cold in a room naked then it might be a little cold for them but I've had no problems. They eat a little more than most cats to keep their body temps up but its not like you really notice.
    Their temperments: they act like dogs. everyone that has met him says he is the coolest cat they've met (even hardcore cat haters say he is like a dog) . they are pretty stubborn but i don't think much more than most cats.something catches their eye and you move them away, they are coming right back. seem extremely smart. especially good at gymnastic type stuff.if something catches their eye and you move them away, they are coming right back. They are extremely playful and people oriented. They get pretty lonely so a lot of toys is a must or just have friends over.
    People who are allergeric: they are not hypoallergenic, what most people are allergic to is a protein in cat saliva which still is produced by the sphynx cat, which is spread by cat hair and all that so they can be fine with mild allergic people. My gf is allergic to dogs and cats and she is fine with him unless it is prolonged, he loves to cuddle next to her face and lick her or he lays at our feet under the covers at night. after getting him i don't think i could own any other cats than a sphynx. they're so ridiculously lovable.
    -billy
    We are here to laugh at the odds and live so well that Death will tremble to take us -Bukowski
    0.1 RTB (Eden)
    0.0.1 Cornsnake (Sarge)
    0.1 Boo (Brett)

Thanks

lol yeah, i had to provoke him to get my nose and my gf grabbed the camera. two random facts that i think are awesome: he has his claws obviously and he uses them quite a bit but he has never had them out when he's slapped or pushed my face which i think is nice and smart as hell. also, he is a little over 13 weeks old and has stayed in 8 different places, never missed the litter box. traveled 1,000 miles from louisiana with him and never had to put him in a carrier. what a gentleman.
    -billy
    0.1 RTB (Eden)
    0.0.1 Cornsnake (Sarge)
    0.1 Boo (Brett)

Thanks

does he have ANY hair?

Thanks

you know what he looks alot like an oriental cat, i love orientals, and his personality even sounds like one. what country do sphynx originate from?

Thanks

yeah, he has a small amount of hair on his face, paws, and tail. i am pretty sure they happened naturally in canada in the '80s and the couple found they could breed them. if they are bred with regular hair cats most of the litter will have hair and they will all carry the gene for hairless offspring. but yeah, i've read conflicting history but probably that canuck couple. random facts: they get sunburned so if they must be outside for a long period of time then sunscreen is a must. also they should be bathed once a week because their skin still produces oil and gets dirty. no worries, sphynxes are usually raised to be used to it and our doesn't mind being bathed in the sink at all or he'll take a bath with my gf. (baby shampoo though) he looks so cute wrapped up in a towel fresh out of the bath.
    -billy
    0.1 RTB (Eden)
    0.0.1 Cornsnake (Sarge)
    0.1 Boo (Brett)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast