Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,330

1 members and 3,329 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Please Help Real Fast

take pics take pics

Registered User The One And Only's Avatar
    Thanks

...is there any way i can display both indoor and outdoor temps at the same time right now it wont let me...
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

In Hindu myth, Nagas are a race of serpent demons whose power comes from a jewel embedded in their throats or skulls. Their name means "those who do not walk, who creep." When the gods passed around the cup containing the elixir of immortality, the Nagas grabbed it, but spilled some drops on the ground. As they licked up the drops, the grass split their tongues, which have remained forked ever since.

Thanks

Check to make sure it's NOT in CLOCK mode. there's a very small button that changes it between temp and clock. If it's in temp it will show both temps...As long as we're both talking about the AcuRite style.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Yep there should be a button that says "temp/clock"....is it on yours?

Thanks

I found that darn little button...well as of now with no lid or water bowl temps read...99.1 and 76.1 with a humidity at 67%....i am using a dimmer switch for a couple weeks until i order thermostat...
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

In Hindu myth, Nagas are a race of serpent demons whose power comes from a jewel embedded in their throats or skulls. Their name means "those who do not walk, who creep." When the gods passed around the cup containing the elixir of immortality, the Nagas grabbed it, but spilled some drops on the ground. As they licked up the drops, the grass split their tongues, which have remained forked ever since.

Thanks

If you just put the battery in, give it an hour for the temps to settle a little bit.

Thanks

should i leave the dimmer switch at full or turn it down a bit...i will let it stand once i put the water dich in...wont that make a difference in humididty?
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

Thanks

Yes. U want it to sit for a little while in the same way it will be if the snake were in it. But it will take a little while for everything to "settle down" and give you an accurate reading.

Put the bowl in, w/the lid on and let it sit for a bit, then look at the readings.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

well i put the water bowl in by the way i put repti safe in the water i hope it is ok...and the lid is on now we play the waiting game i hope i can get the temps to sit right i really hope they do so i can get my snake soon...
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

Thanks

ReptiSafe won't hurt...that's what it's for.....lol

Some ppl don't see a need for it...there's a thread discussing the pros and cons of using the additives.

I have a graphic of how your UTH/tub and probe might look like, but I haven't figured out how to attach it to a reply yet.
    Sweety314

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast