Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,606

0 members and 2,606 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User The One And Only's Avatar
    Thanks

Tub Setup Supplies?

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what supplies are needed for a tub setup. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

In Hindu myth, Nagas are a race of serpent demons whose power comes from a jewel embedded in their throats or skulls. Their name means "those who do not walk, who creep." When the gods passed around the cup containing the elixir of immortality, the Nagas grabbed it, but spilled some drops on the ground. As they licked up the drops, the grass split their tongues, which have remained forked ever since.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Tub Setup Supplies?

Hey Taylor...

Wasn't that pretty much covered in this thread?

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...5&page=1&pp=10
    -- Judy

Thanks

Yeah for the most part im glad ur on! I noticed that in one of the threads u said u just setup your first tub...where did you get your thermostat so i can look into it...Thanks!
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

In Hindu myth, Nagas are a race of serpent demons whose power comes from a jewel embedded in their throats or skulls. Their name means "those who do not walk, who creep." When the gods passed around the cup containing the elixir of immortality, the Nagas grabbed it, but spilled some drops on the ground. As they licked up the drops, the grass split their tongues, which have remained forked ever since.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The One And Only
    Yeah for the most part im glad ur on! I noticed that in one of the threads u said u just setup your first tub...where did you get your thermostat so i can look into it...Thanks!
    I got my t-stat from MGReptiles -- http://www.mgreptiles.com/

I chose the Johnson t-stat, which is a fair-bit cheaper than a Herpestat...but WAY better than anything you'd find in a petstore. They may seem a bit pricey at first glance, but the peace of mind they offer is worth every penny and more.

If you can't wait for it to be shipped...or if its too expensive to buy today....you can always opt for an inexpensive lamp-dimmer from Home Depot or Lowes....and use that for a short spell while you save up for a good t-stat and wait for it to be shipped. I would do that before I wasted a dime on a petstore piece of junk.
    -- Judy

Thanks

I think i will acctually do that i should be saved up for the expensive one in about 2 weeks! my next question when u select the johnson one which did u then select?
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

Thanks
    Blog Entries

http://www.mgreptiles.com/johnson1.html

I chose the one with the 6-outlet power strip. The "raw" one is just the t-stat unit without any power cords attached and you'd have to do that yourself...which can save you some money if you're experienced with that sort of thing.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Also since i am planning to use the lamp dimmer for a couple weeks, could u tell me how it works with the uth.
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Let's see if this link works....it's really long! LOL

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...s/162668_3.jpg

It's a dimmer switch that comes with a plug-in cord attached to it. You just plug your UTH into the cord and plug the cord into the wall....then adjust the switch to regulate how much electricity flows to the UTH...which then controls how hot it will get.

You'll have to play with it a bit to find out which setting yields the right temperatures...and it may need adjusting throughout the day if the room temps fluctuate much.

EDIT: Bah...that link didn't work. Lemme try something else...

Ok...that link goes directly to the picture...it's called a Lutron 300 watt Credenza Lamp Dimmer
    -- Judy

Thanks

Well that is what i thought, i will use the dimmer switch and in 2 weeks i will order the same thermostat that you bought...All my questions have been answered and i will get supplies in the morning...just to be sure is this what you mean?

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gjm.0&MID=9876

If i can get my temps and humidity regulated i will have to wait but if all goes well i will try to get him/her soon as i can.
    ~Taylor~

0.0.1 ~Naga

Nagas

Thanks
    Blog Entries

LOL...your link did the same thing that mine did. I edited mine and put up a link to the actual picture...but I'm sure you figured that out.

Anyhow...glad I was able to help. Good luck with it. Hope you posts pics of your baby when you get him!
    -- Judy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast