Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,181

1 members and 3,180 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: I could use a hug...

Oh, I'm so sorry!!!!! *big hug* I know what you are feeling. About 3 months ago I lost my Dovovan. I had him for 16 years. He adopted me when he was a young adult in the animal shelter I was working at.

I know it does not help much, but take some comfort from the fact that you are doing what is best for him, not for you, and that is showing him just how much you love him.

Thanks

Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by cueball
    Here are my favorite things you have said about Cato

"Cato luuuuurves to be combed forwards, backwards, sideways, just - keep - combing (purrrpurrrpurrrpurrrrrrrrr)"

"The bad news was it looked like Nicky was crossing his little legs cuz he had to go and that Cato had already gone before I cleaned the box. GAAH!
    Ever sit and watch a cat, hoping he'll go pee? =P"

"whereas Cato either hasn't seen her or doesn't care, hehe"

"And it worked! A test tube of Cato pee is now residing in my fridge...good thing Rick isn't home because storing "output" from animals in the fridge gives him the heeby-jeebies."

"they haven't become total pigs and I think Cato is actually friskier now"

"so I named him Cato as in the Pink Panther"
    Hehe, that's so cool...thanks Cue =)

I held him for a long time last night and gave him lots of shrimps to eat...Rick and I played with him for a bit with his favorite feather toy...
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

BIG HUGS!

It's just me and Katie in the apartment and I don't know what I'd do without her. It's crazy how attached we get to these little guys... I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear about Cato Cass, its unfortunate that our furry and scaly kids can't live forever. As long as you filled his life with love and happiness and he did the same with yours, it makes every moment of it worthwhile even through the good and the bad. It was a hard decision for you to make, but its probably the best for him, and I commend your courage.

Just know that you have a great group of people here on BPnet that will be here for you!

Jason

Thanks

So, my Cato is gone. I spent the afternoon hugging him and crying with Rick there to support me.

His only cry happened when we were getting into the truck to drive to the vet, otherwise, he was, like always, the bestest kitty, purring and looking content.

I felt bad for bawling so loudly in the vet clinic, but my vet and her assistants were all very nice and supportive. We had brought and old towel with us so that he wouldn't have to lay on the ice cold table, but the vet had a nice thick towel and blankie already on the table.

She first give him a big shot of narcotics to relax him; she said it would take from 5 to 25 minutes to take full effect, but he was limp within a minute -- poor thing just didn't have any body left to fight the drug.

I held while he relaxed...it felt like he had died then, so limp.

The vet came back, placed him on the table, shaved a bit of fur from his leg and administered the final drug...he was gone very quickly.

I never doubted this was the right thing to do for him, but...oh I miss him so much...

I'm trying not to cry because I have already cried enough. Please tell me this pain stops soon.

Thanks

I'm so sorry cassandra.. just remember his pain is gone now. You will feel better, we always do, just go and hug your healthy animals let your grief take it's course. That's all you can do..

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

So sorry for your loss.
    Someday without realizing it you will find the pain has been replaced with happy thoughts and memories. You will catch a small kitten doing something the same way as Cato always did and you will find yourself crying, but tears of joy over the memories that are brought back. It took a long time for me to get over my dog Ginger, but one day a puppy just flipped over the way she would always do, I laughed so hard I cried. I cherish those memories so much. Your Cato will still be with you in so many ways, The pain will lessen, right now is your time to grieve. I'm sending hugs your way, take care.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra
    cry

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Unhappy Re: I could use a hug...

Just remember the good times you had together .When we lost our Rottie it took some time to get over it.In due time you will also get thru this,just remember we are all here for you .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Thanks guys...sorry for being so needy.

My afternoon today, in comparison, was stellar. I talked to one of my favorite customers who is a dear friend of mine and we shot the poop for a while. Then I left work, went to the next town east on the 10 (in the scary California desert, OOooOoOoOooO...and that's "I-10" for you Easterners) to Calimesa to go to a German deli, George's Market (you SoCal people *MUST* go here! it's AWESOME!) and bought Dutch bacon, Nuremberger brats, and braunsweiger ( <3! ). While shopping, I drank a draft Warsteiner beer (seriously, all grocery stores should sell draft beer to drink while you are shopping).

Right now I'm cooking spaghettit alla carbonara with that lovely Dutch bacon and drinking a nice cool dry white wine...in comparison, a zillion times better than yesterday.

Nicky doesn't seem to have noticed, but Rick says that when I'm away on business, it takes him 3 days to notice I'm gone. At this point, I think I can handle it.

Thanks you guys. =) I can feel your virtual hugs. Keep'em comin'. =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast