Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

4 members and 3,304 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Pests Crossing Species?

I treat them, regardless of the age. Remember - with PAM, you don't treat the animal, you treat the enclosure. Follow the direction exactly on the can. Basically, I clean the tub, add the substrate, spray the substrate, let dry completely, add hides, water dish and animal.

I also did not see any mites on Sara when I brought her home from the pet store (she was a surrender), but still treated her with Reptile Relief as a pre-caution before even bringing her in my home. A month later, I still had mites (from the eggs hatching).

The reason I re-treat all enclosures when I bring a new animal in, even though they are quarantined, is because I'm anal. I'd just rather be safe than sorry, and it just seems like a good precaution and has prevented me from seeing any more mites in my collection.

When Sara had the mites, I never did see it spread to the others, but again - I'm anal!

Oh, and as for size, Piper was 90 grams when I brought him home last week and Sahara was 80 grams last week.
    Last edited by rabernet; 08-27-2006 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks

Re: Pests Crossing Species?

Not to resurrect, but.....

Could I have been incubating an infestation in the coconut husk that's moist in a bucket, but hasn't been used yet? I was using a cube fast enough (say w/in a month) but I changed my bedding and the latest cube has been moist for a while. Covered w/a snap-on lid, but it's been in there about 2.5-3 mo. now.

?NM? Zeus & Hera had 'em and they've been on aspen only in tubs...no need for the xtra humidity from the husk....... Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12