Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,493

2 members and 3,491 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Does your snake love you?

Voters
1668. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my snake loves me!

774 46.40%
  • I know my snake doesn't care. It does not feel emotions.

894 53.60%
Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    The problem that I see is people just living a fact driven life instead of making your own hypothesis running your own experiment and forming your own conclusion. and theres also an article on here that I think everyone should go and read thats showing that there trying to see if reptiles in genereal have more intelligence than everyone thought. I dont like people who live by just "fact" that requires no abstract thought or imagination. So my conclusion from me being with my snake is I know my snake loves me. It wont act with my roomates or anyone else (who doesnt take care of it) like it acts with me. My snake got use to what I do with it. When I take it out I always put it in a hat or my pocket and when I first got it it didnt want to go in cause obviously it was scared but now it knows if I go into this hat hes gunna put me in his hoodie pocket and its going to be really warm. When i clean her enclosure and put her on the floor and im walking back and forth to the sink, it watches me walk back and forth and if im out of the room itll start slithering out and when im walking back in you can see her following me with her eyes tongue out tasting the air happy as can be and she turns around and comes back in the room.

Heres my last point if it recognizes my smell it recognizes me because I am my smell. And a snake can feel a kiss from vibrations, In the wild in can feel vibrations from a hawk flapping its wings to come eat it.

So my conclusion from my Hypothesis and living the experiment is my snake loves me and its ignorance and being a sheep to not think abstractly or even give it a thought that they might.

Edit: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ht=coldblooded

Thats the article regardless of your OPINION everyone should read.
    Last edited by cheaversg; 03-05-2014 at 11:58 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheaversg For This Useful Post:

StaticLowLife (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    wow what a read, very interesting. what i will say is that i believe my snake recognizes me, she's been handled very consistently, 1-2 hours every night for as long as i had her, with the exception of after she eats or when she is shedding. but ill say this. i get the feeling she likes to be handled. it seams she knows as soon as her light clicks off and she hears the clips of her top coming off she slithers right to the top. i usually put my arm in she will get her whole body on my arm and sit motionless until i take her out. so do i think she "loves" Me. probably not lol, does she recognize me? i believe so. does she enjoy being handled and exploring? yes. my .02

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Re: I think my snake loves me

Quote Originally Posted by StaticLowLife View Post
    wow what a read, very interesting. what i will say is that i believe my snake recognizes me, she's been handled very consistently, 1-2 hours every night for as long as i had her, with the exception of after she eats or when she is shedding. but ill say this. i get the feeling she likes to be handled. it seams she knows as soon as her light clicks off and she hears the clips of her top coming off she slithers right to the top. i usually put my arm in she will get her whole body on my arm and sit motionless until i take her out. so do i think she "loves" Me. probably not lol, does she recognize me? i believe so. does she enjoy being handled and exploring? yes. my .02
    While mine recognize me, I think they only love me when I show up with rats.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Shann (03-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    While mine recognize me, I think they only love me when I show up with rats.

LOL heard that!

Thanks
    For me if my snake likes me more than its likes you it may not love me in the traditional sense of the word but it loves me as in you dont wanna stick your hand in the tank when shes in shed and me i get away with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cheaversg For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (03-05-2014)

Thanks

Three things
    1. I read this title and even the person who generated it explained as a poll/thread for your opinion which after reading turned into people bashing other peoples opinion with FACTS. (Can anyone link a thread from this site with at least 25 post where you can voice your opinion and the savior of the fact galaxy doesn't come out swinging) lol.
    2. "Its a fact that snakes cant feel emotion cause science has proven it" im pretty sure that science as a way of explanation isnt a new concept and was someones argument in the whole "the earth is flat debate" back in the day.
    3. I dont think my snakes love me cause there mostly babies and to me seem to still be figuring things out but anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyShuttle View Post
    Three things
    1. I read this title and even the person who generated it explained as a poll/thread for your opinion which after reading turned into people bashing other peoples opinion with FACTS. (Can anyone link a thread from this site with at least 25 post where you can voice your opinion and the savior of the fact galaxy doesn't come out swinging) lol.
    2. "Its a fact that snakes cant feel emotion cause science has proven it" im pretty sure that science as a way of explanation isnt a new concept and was someones argument in the whole "the earth is flat debate" back in the day.
    3. I dont think my snakes love me cause there mostly babies and to me seem to still be figuring things out but anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel you. I love my snakes and want to gush about them like they're my children but I'm too scared of getting the people who are strictly for breeding, serious, or science-factoids responding or thinking less of me for it. Because apparently owning snakes is all work and no play and you're not allowed to have them as pets or therapy (in my case). That's my derail tidbit

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kilopular For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    I don't mind people loving their snakes. I adore my snakes and I find them very relaxing. We have a mutual respect and understanding. I would even go so far as to say we have a relationship. My scalies recognize me and seem to prefer me. However, I don't believe they feel love for me. They are not devoid of all feelings, I just think love is too complex for these simple creatures.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HVani For This Useful Post:

StaticLowLife (03-05-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HVani View Post
    I don't mind people loving their snakes. I adore my snakes and I find them very relaxing. We have a mutual respect and understanding. I would even go so far as to say we have a relationship. My scalies recognize me and seem to prefer me. However, I don't believe they feel love for me. They are not devoid of all feelings, I just think love is too complex for these simple creatures.

well put sir. repzzz

Woman-Wifey
    Pitbull/Red Heeler-Ranger
    Reg BP -Slinkey
    *Hopefully adding another snake to my home this year!*

Plus a assortment of loud fast 2 wheeled quarter mile machines

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    I LOVE how this thread gets another go-around about every 6 months...
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast