Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,350

2 members and 3,348 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

View Poll Results: Does your snake love you?

Voters
1668. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my snake loves me!

774 46.40%
  • I know my snake doesn't care. It does not feel emotions.

894 53.60%
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    because they can!! They are alive, just ask them..
    Yeah just like my scorpions can! Just because they are alive! They love me to pieces! That little stinger and those claws are all about the LOVE! :p

Thanks
    I don't think snakes feel emotions. I think they can become comfortable with certain people based on mutual respect but other than that...

Thanks

Re: I think my snake loves me

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra View Post
    *high-fives Gin!*

I have my revenge tho...Cleo peed on her Daddy *and* his favorite chair (Rick's lazyboy) last night - muwhahahhaha!

Someone seriously needs to come up with snake diapers.
    My true sd retic wouldn't poop for weeks but the second I'd take her out she would pinch one off on me lmao. I used to curse about it every time but since she's passed I kinda miss the clean ups.

Now as for my snakes loving me not love per say as a cat or dogshow it but my baby pastel ball lifts her head like a cat when I scratch her chin. Lizards I'm not sure but I think they are a lot more affectionate then snakes. Just my opinion :p
    Last edited by dr del; 11-25-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: removing censor trip
    Reptiles are everything to me.
    1.0 Spider ball (Legion)
    1.1 Pastel ball (Bonnie, Mohommad)
    3.0 Regular ball (George, Eight, Clyde)
    0.1 Borneo red blood python het T+ (Miss Bi**h)
    1.0 Kenyan sand boa (Tremor)
    0.1 True SD tiger reticulated python (r.i.p)
    1.0 Savannah monitor (Tony)
    1.0 Nigerian Uromastyx (Vito)
    7.11 Crested Geckos multiple morphs
    1.0 Mainland Rhachodactylus Chahoua gecko (Chewy)
    0.1 Reticulated gargoyle gecko (Baby girl)
    0.1 normal tokay gecko (Pitty)
    3.4 leopard geckos multiple morphs (Blizz, Missy, Rain)
    0.1 Tortie Cat (Messy)
    1.0 Chihuahua (Kilo)

My collection to date *nov 22 2011*

Thanks
    My snakes only love me for as long as I have a rat in my hand, and sometimes not even then.

Thanks
    If I may challange your free thinking minds for a moment. What do we really know about the way a snake feels or thinks? We have studies we can quote but how accurate are they? Let's imagine that the best study shows brain waves telling us that snakes have limited thought patterns in relation to specific stimuli. Okay, that's great but what if someone came up with a machine that would interpret what a snake is really thinking? Don't laugh to loudly, remember that at one time people thought the world was flat. Why did they think that? Because the information they had, at the time, supported that perception. It wasn't until a free thinking person went beyond the horizon that we learned the truth.

I believe that "FACT" can be changed as new information is presented and history shows us that even the most proovable theories are changable as with the egg. Twenty years ago we were told to only eat the white of the egg because the yoke contained harmful colesterol. Well now we know that the egg is the only complete protien in our food system and that places a different light on it all together.

Do snakes love? I don't think that question can be answered right now unless someone comes up with a way to become a snake and communicate what it's feeling. But.... The possibilities are intriguing.
    "Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw

Thanks

My snakes don't give a crap about me, lol.

That being said, I think they have learning capabilities...though I'd lean towards that not being a result of cognition as much as impression. Not at all saying you can train a snake, but they definitely can be conditioned. I also think they can differentiate between people, based on my own personal experience.

Thanks
    I didn't vote because I feel both are false.

My cat loves me (sometimes), my snake does not. I don't think she loves me, nor do I think she misses me when I leave. But I don't think she without emotion or without an understanding of my existence as a neutral force in her world. I'm not a threat to her, but nor am I edible. I am a fixture of her environment, and if she is an exploratory mood, I am interesting. If she is a cranky or lazy mood, then I am annoying. Simple as that.
    0.1 - Normal ball python, Zola

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Hubbard View Post
    I didn't vote because I feel both are false.

My cat loves me (sometimes), my snake does not. I don't think she loves me, nor do I think she misses me when I leave. But I don't think she without emotion or without an understanding of my existence as a neutral force in her world. I'm not a threat to her, but nor am I edible. I am a fixture of her environment, and if she is an exploratory mood, I am interesting. If she is a cranky or lazy mood, then I am annoying. Simple as that.
    How can you prove a cat loves? How can you prove a BP loves? how can you prove ANYTHING loves? We can quote anything we want.. In the end, it's worthless... We're not cats, dogs or even Elephants. We can say all this scientific stuff we want.. But we can't really prove it.. What we need is a mind reader for animals.
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    In my opinion, snakes do not 'love'. Love is a human emotion. We as humans tend to anthropomorphasize animals. We treat them as if they are human even though they are not.
    However, Animals may exhibit affection or a similar raw behavior. Animals may have their own version of what we call 'love', but it should not be categorized in the same level as a human as they are not humans....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

zeion97 (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    I think my snakes tolerate me.

Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast