Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

2 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Does your snake love you?

Voters
1668. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my snake loves me!

774 46.40%
  • I know my snake doesn't care. It does not feel emotions.

894 53.60%
Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I think my snake loves me

And i must comment, myth busters isn't the most scientific show ever...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    And i must comment, myth busters isn't the most scientific show ever...
    I agree, but I'm just getting the facts straight.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

LOL, I think it's a great show, but I have to scoff at some of their methods, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

It is what it is....Entertainment. I love watching Adam get hurt and find Jamie's mustache rather amusing.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Thanks, I have taken a few writing classes, and while it focused more on writing, I can't say they ever steered us away from "unreputable" sites. I can do more research if you'd like, but that's just what google brought me first. The general consensus of googles hits was that this was debunked many times. Not only for a poor testing practice, but because science does not label plants as having the 5 senses.

I won't just throw all that knowledge away from the collective facts of science just because this guy thought his plants were happy and sad, or understood threats of violence towards them. Sounds all very supernatural. I even found those links from a supernatural discussion forum. Even they were having a hard time believing it. They were discussing whether or not the carbon dioxide levels were different from talking to your plants, and that vibrations from your sound waves stimulated the plants more than your thoughts or moods. But that was just a non-scientific, supernatural forum.

They are with me though on one thing, what are the vegetarians supposed to eat now??
    So what you don't believe in dark matter of ghost either? those are said to be supernatural? or do you have some sad pity excuse for those too? point being people have different beliefs of things that have not been scientifically proven....opinions are like :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:s everybody has one...and you know what? I will believe what I want, if you make fun and become a smart ass that just shows the person you are...People have different religions and believe in different things so if one person believes something the other doesn't, does that make them wrong? do they deserve to be ridiculed because they were brought up in a different religion then you? Get your nose out of the air, and your head out of your ass...it's pointless to fight with someone who won't listen to other peoples opinions, obviously you were brought up with the point that you are right and everyone else is wrong...I will continue to believe what I want when I want regardless of what you think...because I believe in the right of free speech and being able to be who I want to be....sorry I'm not a conformist

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KiwisHeaven View Post
    So what you don't believe in dark matter of ghost either? those are said to be supernatural? or do you have some sad pity excuse for those too? point being people have different beliefs of things that have not been scientifically proven....opinions are like :cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r::cens0r:s everybody has one...and you know what? I will believe what I want, if you make fun and become a smart ass that just shows the person you are...People have different religions and believe in different things so if one person believes something the other doesn't, does that make them wrong? do they deserve to be ridiculed because they were brought up in a different religion then you?
    Get your nose out of the air, and your head out of your ass...it's pointless to fight with someone who won't listen to other peoples opinions, obviously you were brought up with the point that you are right and everyone else is wrong...I will continue to believe what I want when I want regardless of what you think...because I believe in the right of free speech and being able to be who I want to be....sorry I'm not a conformist
    Your taking this waaaay to hard. You brought something interesting to talk about, and said that it was true because Myth Busters proved it. I did some research, and most places (even myth busters) say it's bogus. But this is what makes America so great! We can think whatever we like.

Attacking me and calling me stuck up and an a**hole is a bit extreme. I regret that you took this so to heart.
    It's a debate. Everyone argues their points with evidence to support those views. I brought my small bit of evidence regarding plants feeling our moods.
    As of yet, there is no hard proof for the original debate, all we can do is debate about it!

Thanks

Your taking this waaaay to hard. You brought something interesting to talk about, and said that it was true because Myth Busters proved it. I did some research, and most places (even myth busters) say it's bogus. But this is what makes America so great! We can think whatever we like.

Attacking me and calling me stuck up and an a**hole is a bit extreme. I regret that you took this so to heart.
    It's a debate. Everyone argues their points with evidence to support those views. I brought my small bit of evidence regarding plants feeling our moods.
    As of yet, there is no hard proof for the original debate, all we can do is debate about it!

um learn to read please...I just called you ignorant I did not call you an a**hole...I just said that OPINIONS are like a**holes EVERYONE has one...so drop it

Thanks

um learn to read please...I just called you ignorant I did not call you an a**hole...I just said that OPINIONS are like a**holes EVERYONE has one...so drop it
    I'm sorry, you told me to get my head out of my a**.

Your reaction to this debate thread is over the top, and it's sad to see you can't approach this from a different view. When someone rebuttal's your statement, don't take it as an attack against you. It's just a rebuttal.

Thanks

I'm sorry, you told me to get my head out of my a**.

Your reaction to this debate thread is over the top, and it's sad to see you can't approach this from a different view. When someone rebuttal's your statement, don't take it as an attack against you. It's just a rebuttal.
    Yeah I don't really see it as a rebuttal when it seems to poke fun...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kiwi - take it down a notch or two. It's an internet FORUM - which also has rules about family friendly content that you agreed to when you signed up. There are children here reading your tantrum, so watch your language.

Don't let an internet forum get you so upset. If it makes you feel more connected to your pets to feel they are connected to you emotionally - more power to you. Don't expect that everyone will agree with you - and really, what does it matter if they do or don't? Seriously?

Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast