Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

1 members and 3,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Does your snake love you?

Voters
1668. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know my snake loves me!

774 46.40%
  • I know my snake doesn't care. It does not feel emotions.

894 53.60%
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I think my snake loves me

Of course,they have plenty of room to roam around and beleive it or not they are not snake eaters,most ball pythons at least in my opinion are very social with each other and seem to like the company of each other.What happened was my female,got egg bound and did not survive the surgery.Though the vet i brought her to did do his best and i do not blame him for what is done,it still sucks,she was our girl.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by repforlife
    Of course,they have plenty of room to roam around and beleive it or not they are not snake eaters,most ball pythons at least in my opinion are very social with each other and seem to like the company of each other.What happened was my female,got egg bound and did not survive the surgery.Though the vet i brought her to did do his best and i do not blame him for what is done,it still sucks,she was our girl.
    That is an excellent reason for NOT housing them together. Your female was probably bred before she reached a sufficient weight. Ball pythons are not social animals, and housing them together has NO benefits for the snakes. I'd highly advise you to separate them.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Scientist beg to differ,because they onley look at one side,which is the scientific end of it all.
    Is there another side? We call upon science to solve these problems. Science has proven you wrong. Reptiles cannot experience human emotions in the way you claim they can.

Thanks

O.k look it i am not here to get into a peeing match with anyone.My female was 12 years old,my male is 10 years old,If you seperate them and then introduce them,they will breed,i have allways housed Ball Pythons together with out any negative out come,the eggs that were in her were infertile i have never seen any mating going on with either one of them,some snakes do in fact still produce eggs with out a male around,well mine happened to do just that with out mating.I have been into reptiles for 22 years +.I would like to think that i know what i am doing.And yes,Ball Pythons and Red Tails are very social with each other.Now i am not saying all snakes can be social with each other,but i know for a fact that at least mine are.Scientist dont know everything,it is experience that counts.Books do not tell all.I do not know where all of you are getting your information from,but you need to recap and do some more research.Just an opinion.Not bashing.

Thanks

I do not know where all of you are getting your information from,but you need to recap and do some more research.
    I do believe we get our info from some of the most experienced ball python breeders in the world. May I ask where did you get your info from when you started out telling you it was ok to house them together?

Thanks

I would like to add one more thing,by no meens am i an expert,i am sure everyone here learns something new everyday about there animal,i am just pointing out what i have observed in my husbandry and keeping of different reptiles and amphibians through out the years.

Thanks

I was taught by R.Js Exotics,N.E.R.D,and private breeders from where i am from.Volunteered my time for more than 7 years at both places.Not to mention i am part of the New England Herp Sociaty.NEHS.So you meen to tell me that they are wrong in what they taught me?Wow,i guess i am going to have to tell Rob who own R.Js Exotics that everything he taught me over the years was wrong.I wonder what he is going to say?Hummm

Thanks

I was taught by R.Js Exotics,N.E.R.D,and private breeders from where i am from.Volunteered my time for more than 7 years at both places.Not to mention i am part of the New England Herp Sociaty.NEHS.So you meen to tell me that they are wrong in what they taught me?Wow,i guess i am going to have to tell Rob who own R.Js Exotics that everything he taught me over the years was wrong.I wonder what he is going to say?Hummm
    Ive never hears of R.Js exotics (doesnt mean they are bad people) but ive gotten the vast majority of my info on keeping my reptiles from NERD, and as for the private breeders, some are very good and experienced and some will make you wonder how their animals are living. Not trying to start an argument, im just stating what ive been taught and have learned from the best in the business.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Look it like i sald before,i am not here to get into a peeing match with anyone,i understand everyone has there opinion and everyone thinks that they are an expert.I am no expert and i can say it in confidence and admit it.We are all here for one purpose am i right?And that is because we love our reptiles and it is good to chat to one another about them and get information.Opinion are opinions,that all they are.We should not be going against ourselfs when there are so few of us around who truley love our animals.So lets just stop attacking and be good little herpers shall we,and stop with the i know more than you bit.

Thanks

O.k look it i am not here to get into a peeing match with anyone.My female was 12 years old,my male is 10 years old,If you seperate them and then introduce them,they will breed,i have allways housed Ball Pythons together with out any negative out come,the eggs that were in her were infertile i have never seen any mating going on with either one of them,some snakes do in fact still produce eggs with out a male around,well mine happened to do just that with out mating.I have been into reptiles for 22 years +.I would like to think that i know what i am doing.And yes,Ball Pythons and Red Tails are very social with each other.Now i am not saying all snakes can be social with each other,but i know for a fact that at least mine are.Scientist dont know everything,it is experience that counts.Books do not tell all.I do not know where all of you are getting your information from,but you need to recap and do some more research.Just an opinion.Not bashing.
    Just because you have not seen them copulate, do you think that they could have done is when you were not looking?
    lots of snakes

Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast