Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,150

5 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,566
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collection Pics

Thanks

Collection Pics

Well it's been ages since I've had everyone out for weighing, measuring and a photo session so here goes.

THE 06's:

Teagan (06 normal female)....18 inches...80 grams (she's giving us a bit of trouble eating but we just got her recently so hopefully she'll pick up soon)...this is the one with the lovely stripe from the Taylor, MI show...

Muirne (06 normal female)...20 inches...190 grams...little porker...this is the female I bought for Mike for an early Father's Day gift this year...our first reduced pattern female...also the one that thinks rats are GROSS! lol

THE 05's:

Ailish (05 normal female)...2 feet, 8 inches....600 grams...this is the lovely female we just bought from Robin...

Rionach (late 04 or very early 05 normal female)....3 feet, 3 inches....820 grams...she was originally my Mother's Day gift from Mike and the kids....

Malachi (05 100% het for albino male)....3 feet, 8 inches....1,050 grams...our honking big male produced by 8Ball....he's just constantly amazes us!....

THE 03's:

Kyna (03 normal female)....3 feet, 10 inches...1,300 grams....the bright yellow on her sides just keeps getting better with each shed...she's got an odd greenish hue that's very hard to capture....

Orlah (03 normal female)...currently out on breeding contract...this is her on her eggs (photo courtesy of Eugene).....

THE 02's:

Saoirse (02 or possibly older normal female)...3 feet, 9 inches....1,100 grams..this is the WC female that has been very slowly regaining her weight and getting used to a captive life with us....she's still underweight as far as I'm concernd but getting there rat by rat....

Brannagh (02 normal female)...currently out on breeding contract (photo courtesy of Eugene)....

And just so they don't feel left out:

Severus (05 male BCI)...3 feet, 6 inches....550 grams (he's growing like a bad weed Lynn! LOL)...our son Luke's snake...

Emi (05 female albino Nelson's Milksnake)....1 foot, 9 inches...100 grams...our daughter Beth's beautiful milksnake...she's truly even prettier than I can ever catch in a photograph...almost unreal looking...

~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: Collection Pics

Wow is all I can say... you have a beautiful family! (Hats off)
    -Kyle
    Green = 8 Ball Python
    1.3 Normal Ball
    1.1 Nerd Lemon Pastel & VPI Pastel
    1.1 100% Het Albino and Homo Albino
    1.1 100% Het Butterscotch/Yellow Hypo
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Thumbs up Re: Collection Pics

Wow you have a nice group .I like the striper and the milk snake(more the milk) .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Wow, Joanna, those are great shots! Very lovely snakes, Kyna is a knockout.

Banned
    Thanks

Awesome

I like Rionach and Emi the best

Thanks

Queen Ri was not in the mood for photographs today so she was pulling her Garbo "I vant to be alone" attitude on me in that pic LOL.

Thanks everyone! We are just thrilled with all our snakes. Such unique wonderful creatures that they are.

Btw I'm clueless about milksnakes and size (Emi just seems to small compared to the rest of the slithery crew). Is her size and weight/length about good for a female Nelson's Milksnake of almost exactly 1 year old?
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Talking Re: Collection Pics

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Queen Ri was not in the mood for photographs today so she was pulling her Garbo "I vant to be alone" attitude on me in that pic LOL.

Thanks everyone! We are just thrilled with all our snakes. Such unique wonderful creatures that they are.

Btw I'm clueless about milksnakes and size (Emi just seems to small compared to the rest of the slithery crew). Is her size and weight/length about good for a female Nelson's Milksnake of almost exactly 1 year old?
    What is she eating? Its kinda hard to guess if she is a correct size for her age as i am not sure if they grow like the corn snakes do .You think she is small compared to your others have you even seen a hatchling :eek: .Its very very fun trying to find baby pinky mice small enough for baby corns first meals .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

She eats two fuzzy mice every 7 days Joe, good as gold with a nice strong hunting/feeding response. They don't leave a big bulge in her just a visible thickening which is gone well within 48 hours. When we first got her (there's pics of her in my daughter's hand back then in the Milksnake forum) she was about 5 months old and was on big pinky mice. She's our first colubrid so I'm not sure how big she should be as a yearling. I'll have to get up to speed on this sort of stuff as Beth wants to purchase a 100% het for albino male Nelson's at some point to be Emi's mate.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Talking Re: Collection Pics

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    She eats two fuzzy mice every 7 days Joe, good as gold with a nice strong hunting/feeding response. They don't leave a big bulge in her just a visible thickening which is gone well within 48 hours. When we first got her (there's pics of her in my daughter's hand back then in the Milksnake forum) she was about 5 months old and was on big pinky mice. She's our first colubrid so I'm not sure how big she should be as a yearling. I'll have to get up to speed on this sort of stuff as Beth wants to purchase a 100% het for albino male Nelson's at some point to be Emi's mate.
    I looked at the pic and i dont think she has grown much .Have you ever tried to get her to eat maybe a small rat fuzzy? I have a pair of creamsicles that are just about 14 months old and they eat small rat fuzzies with no problems,the female looks for another sometimes lol.Its totaly up to you of course as i do not want to cause any problems for you or the snake(your daughter might come hurt me ).
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Yay! Sev! God, he looks huge in that first picture! Lol, so good to see him again...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast