Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,229

0 members and 3,229 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Thanks

Re: Big Scare! (blood python pics)

Quote Originally Posted by snakey68
    Bloods naturally come froma damp humid environment there is no problem wetting the newspaper at all IMO Plus it drys pretty quick as it difuses into the tank creating humidity , as I said dont make it soaking wet but spraying it so it is damp is fine.

not to say your methods are wrong BTW they are fine and I dont doubt they work, wetting newpaper also works trust me I know through keeping them

peace
    Just be sure that the substrate is not always soggy and damp. Bloods can still get belly rot. I had to treat my black for some minor belly rot and a burn (metal section of the thermostat cord got really hot and she was sitting on it, this was back when I first got her).

Btw, I'd use 3 or 4 layers of newspaper, sometimes bloods can really get the place soggy by slithering into the water dish, knocking it over, etc.

Hey guys, can we keep the hybrid discussion elsewhere? It's a bit out of place when he's asking for setup help....
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schlyne
    Just be sure that the substrate is not always soggy and damp. Bloods can still get belly rot. I had to treat my black for some minor belly rot and a burn (metal section of the thermostat cord got really hot and she was sitting on it, this was back when I first got her).

Btw, I'd use 3 or 4 layers of newspaper, sometimes bloods can really get the place soggy by slithering into the water dish, knocking it over, etc.
    I secomd the recommendation for multiple layers if going the newspaper route.

Our bloods are messy as all get out and we have to swap out the substrate at a rate 2 or 3x that we do for all the other snakes. Using the multiple layers makes it a bit easier to remove the soggy stuff without it tearing into lots of smaller pieces.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

aye I use alot of layers of newspaper and only allow it to get damp ( not soggy) this dries in a couple of hours and boosts the humidity but I always tray to maintain proper humidity with just the heat and the water dish which is large enough to soak in and not knock over.

I usually just lightly spray around the tank on the warm end and dont spray the cool end at all, this ensures it dries up quicker and is damp for less time.

my humidity sits around the 60% mark for most of the time and I will raise it to 75 or 80 during sheds for brief periods which has worked well for them.

There is a moose loose aboot this hoose !

Thanks

Well in 1 day it will be a week since I bought her. So far the water bowl has been kept on the cool side and I have never misted! the ambient reading for hum is 56-59%.

I think it is because I have the perfect amount of holes. 28qt tub with 4 on each small end, 3 on the front and 2 on the back totaling 13 1/2" holes.
    -Kyle
    Green = 8 Ball Python
    1.3 Normal Ball
    1.1 Nerd Lemon Pastel & VPI Pastel
    1.1 100% Het Albino and Homo Albino
    1.1 100% Het Butterscotch/Yellow Hypo
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Thanks

Question Re: Big Scare! (blood python pics)

ok so I want to get a cinnamon bp and my bf wants to get a blood pythonand I was looking at boaphile and saw the tanks so should I go ahead and get the tank that theyll be in for like the rest of their life and just add hides because I really want to save money and also they make your cages custom depending on what all you want and what do you think about flexwatt because they have that too and how much do you know about the requirements for a blood python because my bf has only had a snake once when he was a kid but then it got loose and they never found it so he hasnt dealt with a snake since then but the color morph he wanted in a bp was too much and then we found a red blood python and he liked it so he wants it but I keep seeing that its a high maintenance snake as far as sensititvity to humidity also he's pretty tall so as far as its length its perfect for him but still I dont want him to get the snake and then not know what to do so can you tell me some things that are important about a blood python because I really want him to be better prepared since the only thing thats a problem for the blood python is the humidity.

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wooo Doggy! Thats a 6 year thread revival right there!
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    That was some run on sentence. You should have made a new thread.

Nobody can help you more than reading caresheets.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ius)-Caresheet

Kara has an awesome site loaded with good info on bloods.

http://bloodpythons.com/cms/index.ph...ces/intro.html

Blood pythons are extra heavily bodied snakes. Much different than a ball. They can be over thirty pounds.

Buying a cage that a adult blood would need will be way to big for a young blood. A large adult will need at least a 4 foot by 2 foot cage. Your best bet would be keeping them in tubs until its time to get a big cage. Tubs are really cheap and easy to clean.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

aahmn (03-11-2013),Kara (03-04-2013),Poseidon (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Look near the bottom of the list, under the "Carpball", its called a powerball not a bloody ball or w/e you said lol. Research before pressing submit

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/hybrids/

Just like I should look up and make sure I'm not commenting on a 6 year old post lmao

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by hypnotixdmp; 03-04-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Ball Python
    0.2 Normals (Coilette and Mary Jane)
    1.0 Spider (Zues)
    1.0 Pastel (De Sol)

Boa Constrictors
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (Stella)
    0.1 BCI Hog Island (Kiyoko)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa (Gloria)
    1.1 Yellow Anaconda (Serenity and Diablo)
    0.1 Albino Common Northern Boa BCI (Pandora)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011