Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,223

2 members and 3,221 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Question trying to climb??

Would there be any odd reasion why my 3 month old BP would be wanting to sleep on the old glued on temp dial on the side of the tank?

I checked the UTH temp and everything is normal, humidity normal, eating normal, she seems normal untill she goes to sleep. she refuses to use her hides and feels more inclined to sleep off the ground and as high up as she can get. I placed some balled up toilet paper under the dial because she will fall off after a while.

I cant take the dial off due to it being glued and she is not yet ready to go into the rack.

Should I take her to the vet? or is this something that some times happens?

could use any tips, tricks, or advice you might have.
    thanks every one.
    Jessica K

Thanks

Re: trying to climb??

Mine loves to hang there. ...And Freddie's 1200g+! Just loooooooves to hang on the thermometer, or twine around the UTH/thermometer cord that's in the back of her tank.

Oreo too, but O's only about 20g.

I think your snake will be okay. If it got hurt falling off, it probably wouldn't climb up there again. Snakes don't have "thoughts of suicide". It doesn't sound like it's ill or anything.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

well she has the soft Cottenel toilet paper to fall on. I spoil her LOL. well at least now I know that she is not the only one who likes to pull a "tree python act" as my husband calls it. she has pulled more crud on me in the past month than any of my snakes combined. she farted really loudly and scared me almost half to death, then pulled a "new cloths" stunt on me and turned almost pastel like (even lightened eyes), keeps biteing me (I know she likes to bite me) and then trys to hang from the the top of the cage or the temp guage... I think I have a future problem child on my hands LOL.
    Jessica K

Thanks

LOL, my girl loves to climb on the old humidity gauge, so I got her a few branches and some driftwood and LOVES it.
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Talking Re: trying to climb??

Quote Originally Posted by jessie_k_pythons
    well she has the soft Cottenel toilet paper to fall on. I spoil her LOL. well at least now I know that she is not the only one who likes to pull a "tree python act" as my husband calls it. she has pulled more crud on me in the past month than any of my snakes combined. she farted really loudly and scared me almost half to death, then pulled a "new cloths" stunt on me and turned almost pastel like (even lightened eyes), keeps biteing me (I know she likes to bite me) and then trys to hang from the the top of the cage or the temp guage... I think I have a future problem child on my hands LOL.
    Welcome to the joys of having ball pythons that will give you gray hairs worrying about them .One of my females (1700+ grams) loves climbing around the inside lip of her 55gal enclosure(barely any room) until she falls lol.The first time she did this i looked inside the tank and thought she somehow escaped until she fell off.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

yeah Im 21 and I already have a few grey hairs from this one BP alone. Between the bites, her new look, falling off the temp guage, and this morning projectile (sp) pooping, farting and chocking act (Vet said she is fine just watch her when she drinks) she is going to put me in an erly grave.
    I ended up rushing her to the pet ER crying saying my snake was dieing.

I have a very shalow rock dish in with her for water, well she tryed to drink from the guage (what I'm guessing) and she must have falling in and inhaled at the same time and sarted chocking. woke me up from a sound sleep. Vet told me to keep the dish but put enough water in there so only she can get her mouth in it and not her nose.

this woman is costing me not only in vet bills but she is costing me peace of mind lol and i wouldnt trade it for anything
    Jessica K

Thanks

Hm.. are you sure the temps aren't too hot at the bottom (UTH)? Maybe with the hot weather, they went up possibly?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

everything is normal. and is is actualy cold here. with all the rain it is the 70s now. I checked the temps on my thurmostat and with the temp gun. everything seems normal. The guy next door that breedes BPs came home last night so I asked him to come over today and see if I might be doing something wrong and all is well so I think she is just being her self.
    Jessica K