Quote Originally Posted by xxTYLERxx View Post
All I care about are the animals and that they are treated humanely, whether as pets or when being euthanized.

If the American Veterinary Medical Association's (AVMA) Guidelines on Euthanasia clearly states that using dry ice to euthanize mice is unacceptable, then it is inhumane to do so. How can you disagree with that? Are you a veterinarian or a member of the AVMA?

The only acceptable method by the AVMA of administrating CO2 is by compressed CO2 gas in cylinders, and that is the way I do it and I can sleep well knowing that I treated the animals in a humane way.

Just because using dry ice is easier and is less set-up for you, doesn't make it right. It just tells me that you are not willing to take the extra steps and spend the extra money to euthanize the mice humanely.

You asked me what am I trying to prove? I am pointing out what the AVMA's Guidelines on Euthanasia are stating regarding the use of CO2 in euthanizing mice. I respectfully suggest that you no longer use dry ice, and that you use compressed CO2 gas in cylinders or buy frozen mice.

Here is a link to an excellent DIY CO2 chamber: http://www.thereddragonsden.com/co2.htm
yet 90% of them couldnt care for a reptile if they had to. thats total b.s.