Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,080

0 members and 2,080 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How Low?

Thanks

Re: How Low?

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis

I'm kind of afraid when people start getting greedy with recessives and crossing homozygous x homozygous sibs left and right and don't outcross their bloodlines. Now we're talking about quality issues. Co-doms are generally strong because they are crossed with normals so often. You could see a bunch of weak albinos, kinked caramels, etc. I could see overall quality decreasing. Do any of you think a breeder looking to make quick cash with a pair of albinos or caramels or pied cares about the bloodline at all? Tell me then....would you buy from Jimmy, MKR, or someone better?
    Great point.....but if you bought two albinos from seperate breeders you could avoid this problem. As long as they are not sib x sib over consective generations than you dont need to worry about the effects of inbreeding.
    Last edited by Mendel's Balls; 08-08-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    ~ 1.0.0 Python regius ~ Wild-type ~
    ~
    1.0.0 Canis familiaris ~ Blue Italian Greyhound ~

~ 0.0.9 Danio rerio~ Wild-type and Glofish

Thanks

He may of made his "Quick Buck" cash sale, but it has cost him something far more valuable.... integrity!

It's something that is worked hard for and should be of the highest importance IMO!

He clearly either doesn't have a clue what it is or he has total contempt for it.

I don't foresee any reputable person in this business "Knowingly" selling any new morph to him. New morphs are of extreme value, I can't see someone for "hire" getting past the shield of the big time producers. They are a little too smart for that because they are protecting a valuable asset.
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mendel's Balls
    Great point.....but if you bought two albinos from seperate breeders you could avoid this problem.
    Of course, but what I'm saying is, do you think that is what EVERYONE will do, especially the bad mass producers?
    -Brad

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    He may of made his "Quick Buck" cash sale, but it has cost him something far more valuable.... integrity!

It's something that is worked hard for and should be of the highest importance IMO!

He clearly either doesn't have a clue what it is or he has total contempt for it.

I don't foresee any reputable person in this business "Knowingly" selling any new morph to him. New morphs are of extreme value, I can't see someone for "hire" getting past the shield of the big time producers. They are a little too smart for that because they are protecting a valuable asset.
    Bingo there are hundreds of people here and we will all tell people that he is no someone to do business with. Good point
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Banned
    Thanks

low blow

MKR JUST reposted the add for both Mojaves and Lessers. The games go on...

Banned
    Thanks

That's the thing, till just now MKR was at the level of the RDR, NERD, VPI, etc.

And even if the RDR, NERD or VPI sell for $10,000 compared to 20 other sellers marketing the same snake for $2500, what difference will 3 breeders really make? This is not something one breeder or two or three breeders can correct with an email or a post in forum.

As some already mentioned, who will pay $15,000 for a Lesser today when they can go elsewhere (and not just some no name breeder that no one has ever heard of) someone like MKR or another well respected breeder later on for $2500-$3000, just an example?

Do 2-3 or even 5 Breeders dictate price or do 20-30 or 50 other sellers along with buyers? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it seems for the past 6-7 months prices have gone down or are we still willing to pay $3000-$5000 for a Mojave when you could've picked one up from MKR for $800 or anywhere else for $1200-$1500? How about $5000 for a Spider when you could pick one up for $1000-$1250.

Whether you or I or RD or NERD values them at a certain price tag. The snakes are selling for less whether anyone likes it or not and whether anyone accepts it or not!

I think MKR dumping like they did just goes to show that it's not just the Jimmy's anymore! And right now the focus may be on MK and lets kill them, but what if next month another well known breeder decides to dump a few clutches? Then what?

To be honest, I would simply like to ask...when does it level out??
    At what point do BP breeders in general, not just 2-3 top breeders say "this is worth $500 or $1000 and this is where it will stay".

Banned
    Thanks

Re: low blow

Quote Originally Posted by cueball
    MKR JUST reposted the add for both Mojaves and Lessers. The games go on...
    That's impossible, didn't they sell out??
    LOL...

Thanks

Still had 7 lessers, maybe he decided to release more mojaves?
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks

another jimmy category is needed! lol "Big Jimmy" the first Big Jimmy has come out of the closet! lol.

they can get new morphs anyone with 40,60,100k can do it. the importers will sell it to anyone. the biggest point with me is their past customers, they bent them over pretty roughly. the ones that paid 3-4 times that price last year are probably pretty upset with them now? what are your customers opinions and goals worth to you? i personally would try to help any of my customers out and help them be as successful as possible. success will breed success and further sales. i will only buy from people that will support my hobby and goals!!!

prices drops , supply and demand, etc. 50-75% price cuts in less than 6 months is plain bs... oil doesn't move that much, gold,diamonds,etc. hell real estate in lebanon hasn't dropped that much and it's getting bombed right now! my thoughts

vaughn

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

no the repost was to sell off the remainders he said he was going to do that.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast