Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,345

0 members and 2,345 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: How Low?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: How Low?

Quote Originally Posted by shhhli
    no its not, its about someone deciding they're pretty much going to ruin a lot of hard work and money and time other people have bestowed upon their animals.

no he hasn't its not black tuesday or whatever, nothing has changed. YET. but this isnt helpful for the long run. i would definatly NOT consider bps as a poor investment choice, there will always be a good ROI. Don't snot up breeders because they told the TRUTH and now one guy is trying to crap on everyone else. Honestly I think there's a reason to his rhyme and time will tell more.
    So which is it? Is the market crashing, or is it still a solid investment? If it's still a solid investment, what's all the hoohaa about?
    as far as i know no one has put their life savings into this- but 1$ or 100$, that guy has potentially screwed over his previous customers and the people that buy his cheap-o's and ruin things for other people.
    You sure about that?

so you're the only one? don't you care about the effort others have put into this and spent years on? that's what pisses me off the most, people thinking "oh i can buy this and its mine and i can do whatever to the market that i want" well forget that! You didn't hunt down these animals, you didn't first work to test their genetics, basiclly i find it EXTREMELY disrespectful to the people that came before you.

Now this is all my way of thinking, and the end.
    I appreciate all the work people have put into advancing the performance of persoanal computers...Is it nice to buy a PC for $500 today that performs better than the one I bought years ago for $2500??? Yes it is...face it...the prices are going to fall over time...Yes this was kind of a Jerk move on MKR's part but I don't see it as the huge tragedy others do...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeySnakeSnake
    You do realize that to some people this is a living, and the "almighty dollar" is how they feed their families and pay the mortgage
    Yes I do...Like I said, if you're gonna make it a business, better be prepared to deal with these things...
    Lol, hardly, but it is irresponsible, and, frankly, stupid to sell an item lower than market value.
    Nothing wrong with having a "sale"...But yes, they did go overboard a bit...

That was a rather trollish comment, Im pretty sure almost everyone who is on these forums, and who sells these wonderful animals for a living/side job love the critters as well.
    I would like to think that too...but I'll bet if the money ran out, you would realize some love them a lot less than others
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always by your side...

Thanks

Sho, you could argue your points to death with others on this site......your perspective comes from someone with no intention of breeding and you can't wait until some of these morphs reach pet prices where you can finally afford them. Thats totally OK, but you're never going to reach the end when you're arguing with people looking at it from an investment/breeding perspective.

What we are saying here is that it was a real bonehead move on MKR's part to dump lessers for those prices all at once like that. He could have moved the same number of lessers in a slightly longer period of time (um like, 3 days as opposed to 1) if he priced them at 20% below market value, as opposed to 50-75% like he did.
    -Brad

Thanks

Well lets look at it like this Its buissness, and most people out there like a deal, why did ford and every other car dealer give employee priceing last year, because they know if they can lower the prices to a point where they still make a desent profit yet there sales go up they make more money in the end.

Im not trying to sound rude but no breeder is going to breed just for the love of snakes, or the prices of there product would'nt be so high Money makes the world go round, I really wish people would stop thinking that this isnt so, just because they feel guilty about there greed. If you dont agree with me try living for 30 days with no money and see.

any how its also supply and demand BP morphs are getting ridiculess there are just so many different ones coming out each year, of course the new morphs are going to hold a high value untill the market is flooded with them. prices are going to go down regardless.

I guess though that only the wealthy can care for a lesser platnum since there demands are so much higher then a normal ball python.

Thanks

People know everything you just said.

The point is....MKRs sold animals for almost half of what everyone else is offering. You don't see one car dealership selling cars for half the price of the one for sale down the road do you?? Instead of putting mojaves for sale at $800 and causing the mini-panic that they have....they could have put them at $1300, still been below everyone else, and still sold out in a few days. Selling for $800 seems to have been a stupid business move on their part.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shhhli
    no its not, its about someone deciding they're pretty much going to ruin a lot of hard work and money and time other people have bestowed upon their animals.

no he hasn't its not black tuesday or whatever, nothing has changed. YET. but this isnt helpful for the long run. i would definatly NOT consider bps as a poor investment choice, there will always be a good ROI. Don't snot up breeders because they told the TRUTH and now one guy is trying to crap on everyone else. Honestly I think there's a reason to his rhyme and time will tell more.
    So which is it? Is the market crashing, or is it still a solid investment? If it's still a solid investment, what's all the hoohaa about?

Ummm my answer is still: no he hasn't its not black tuesday or whatever, nothing has changed. YET. but this isnt helpful for the long run. i would definatly NOT consider bps as a poor investment choice, there will always be a good ROI. Don't snot up breeders because they told the TRUTH and now one guy is trying to crap on everyone else. Honestly I think there's a reason to his rhyme and time will tell more.

Quote:
    as far as i know no one has put their life savings into this- but 1$ or 100$, that guy has potentially screwed over his previous customers and the people that buy his cheap-o's and ruin things for other people.

You sure about that?
    am i sure that he's screwing over customers previous and future, yes i am. am i sure no one has invested life savings? no. but then again, most people do it for fun, business, or money. and near everyone ive seen goes by the Dont buy unless you can afford to lose It bit.

Quote:
    so you're the only one? don't you care about the effort others have put into this and spent years on? that's what pisses me off the most, people thinking "oh i can buy this and its mine and i can do whatever to the market that i want" well forget that! You didn't hunt down these animals, you didn't first work to test their genetics, basiclly i find it EXTREMELY disrespectful to the people that came before you.

Now this is all my way of thinking, and the end.
    I appreciate all the work people have put into advancing the performance of persoanal computers...Is it nice to buy a PC for $500 today that performs better than the one I bought years ago for $2500??? Yes it is...face it...the prices are going to fall over time...Yes this was kind of a Jerk move on MKR's part but I don't see it as the huge tragedy others do...

yes prices will go down, but snakes and computers are about the same as...snakes and computers. people are making good solid investments into something that should be good and solid. YES EVERYTHING WILL GO DOWN. but there is absolutly NO reason in my mind that ANYTHING should drop from 25k to 2.5k in a season- there has been no surplus of lessers to drive down 25k. its simply NOT following how the market would flow. Its not following any rule of thumb, its just one jerk screwing people. you dont as said because you're pony'ing up on getting these as pets. others have worked hard for their money and their animals- imo you came off as some vulture waiting for people to go crazy and ruin the market for a quick buck so you can get what you want asap with no regard to others. that's my way of thinking and the end.

Thanks

For the sake of the good breeders out there...I hope new morphs keep coming along, and bringing further opportunities with them...I do appreciate what you folks do...I also appreciate the opportunity to own some of these amazing animals and not just drooling at them on my computer screen!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always by your side...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220
    For the sake of the good breeders out there...I hope new morphs keep coming along, and bringing further opportunities with them...I do appreciate what you folks do...I also appreciate the opportunity to own some of these amazing animals and not just drooling at them on my computer screen!
    well the rate you want it to happen means that those breeders you appreciate getting stuck in the end.
    .02$

Thanks

yes prices will go down, but snakes and computers are about the same as...snakes and computers. people are making good solid investments into something that should be good and solid. YES EVERYTHING WILL GO DOWN. but there is absolutly NO reason in my mind that ANYTHING should drop from 25k to 2.5k in a season- there has been no surplus of lessers to drive down 25k. its simply NOT following how the market would flow. Its not following any rule of thumb, its just one jerk screwing people. you dont as said because you're pony'ing up on getting these as pets. others have worked hard for their money and their animals- imo you came off as some vulture waiting for people to go crazy and ruin the market for a quick buck so you can get what you want asap with no regard to others. that's my way of thinking and the end.
    It's getting tough to read your ramblings, but yes, wouldn't it be grand if everyone followed the rules!!!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always by your side...

Thanks

Okay....
    yes prices will go down, but snakes and computers are about the same as...snakes and computers. (this would be a joke)

people are making good solid investments into something that should be good and solid. YES EVERYTHING WILL GO DOWN. (its a good investment. prices on any good eventually drop, duh)

but there is absolutly NO reason in my mind that ANYTHING should drop from 25k to 2.5k in a season- there has been no surplus of lessers to drive down 25k. (just reread it until you get it. its kind of obvious)

its simply NOT following how the market would flow. (its not following how the market would flow- dropping so much when there is no excess and people are still willing to pay 25k)

Its not following any rule of thumb, its just one jerk screwing people. (tru dat)

you dont as said because you're pony'ing up on getting these as pets. (person making the comment you dont care as much as breeders who invest- could have been worded better i agree)

others have worked hard for their money and their animals- imo you came off as some vulture waiting for people to go crazy and ruin the market for a quick buck so you can get what you want asap with no regard to others. (you came across as someone wanting what you wanted no matter what it costs others)

that's my way of thinking and the end. (thats my explination the end)

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast