Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,593

3 members and 2,590 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How Low?

Banned
    Thanks

How Low?

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=431179
    Mojaves $800.00 Shipped! Here is a morph that I believe sold last year for $5000-$7500!! $7500 to $800…that's a 90% reduction in a matter of months!

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=431174
    Lesser Platty's, $2500 Shipped! Here is a morph that if I recall correctly sold last year for $20,000-$25,000!! $25,000 to $2500…that's a 90% reduction in price in a matter of months!!!

And this is not some Jimmy, no name breeder!! You can't play blame Jimmy for this one or claim poor quality or state unsure credibility or unsure service...this is MKR. How low can they go?

Not trying to stir up trouble, I'd just like to get some thoughts on this one?

Here you have a top level Ball Python breeder, selling below the Jimmy's….How, Why?

Thanks

Re: How Low?

He could just be trying to twist everyone's panties before Daytona. But seriously, that's just really bad business. He mentioned he was going to "give it back" to their customers. Yeah, thats really "giving it back" when you cut the value of last year's customers' investments in half.

Why buy a lesser from him now when you could just wait till next year and get one for $1200? Or the next year at $600?

If he produces enough, he's going to force all the Jimmies out there to go even below this. But thats what it really means...is how much can he really produce? I know MKR has a large capacity, just not sure how big. Enough to really impact the overall market price? That'd have to be a lot...we'll see I guess.

Seeing stuff like this really makes me think about what to do with the money I want to put into ball pythons. I'm personally not going to buy snakes from any no-names...ever...I'll buy from sources that are going to support my investment and back up their product. Its a shame that many people are getting into ball pythons with dollar signs in their eyes and its truely no wonder that these people are always going for the lowest price deals on snakes without regard for anything else in the grand scheme of things.
    -Brad

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I called Joe and here's what he said they aren't rare. So price that way.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

That is seriously disturbing. I just don't understand why they would do this? I mean, WHY SO LOW? If i had a lesser and wanted to undercut someone- that'd be just 5k less or so- not 90%
    Something is very very odd about this, its a more serious too good to be true. Honestly, If it proves these are real- I wouldn't mind getting one, only to inturn sell the babies at a 90% increase ^^
    I'm just a little bit angry/disgusted. I wonder what his buisness plan is- Pay big upfront and wait a good long time for ROI & Profit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    He could just be trying to twist everyone's panties before Daytona. But seriously, that's just really bad business. He mentioned he was going to "give it back" to their customers. Yeah, thats really "giving it back" when you cut the value of last year's customers' investments in half.

Why buy a lesser from him now when you could just wait till next year and get one for $1200? Or the next year at $600?

If he produces enough, he's going to force all the Jimmies out there to go even below this. But thats what it really means...is how much can he really produce? I know MKR has a large capacity, just not sure how big. Enough to really impact the overall market price? That'd have to be a lot...we'll see I guess.

Seeing stuff like this really makes me think about what to do with the money I want to put into ball pythons. I'm personally not going to buy snakes from any no-names...ever...I'll buy from sources that are going to support my investment and back up their product. Its a shame that many people are getting into ball pythons with dollar signs in their eyes and its truely no wonder that these people are always going for the lowest price deals on snakes without regard for anything else in the grand scheme of things.
    You can only hope that others (not the jimmy) don't follow suit!
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks

Oh well if Joe said so then I guess thats it!
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    I called Joe and here's what he said they aren't rare. So price that way.
    Aren't rare my arse. Boxers 'aren't rare' but that doesnt mean you're better off paying a grand upfront for a healthy animal instead of 7 grand later when it is riddled with all the problems that come with boxers..

What about people that put their time and effort into all of this? Oh, Your hard work for the past ten years isn't "rare" I guess I feel like making you SOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shhhli
    Aren't rare my arse. Boxers 'aren't rare' but that doesnt mean you're better off paying a grand upfront for a healthy animal instead of 7 grand later when it is riddled with all the problems that come with boxers..

What about people that put their time and effort into all of this? Oh, Your hard work for the past ten years isn't "rare" I guess I feel like making you SOL
    I don't think there is anything problematic with those dirty cheap morphs being sold..... but yes, a lot of years and hard work and set backs go into producing ANY morph!

Hopefully the sale is short lived and things go back to normal and not like what has happened to pastels!
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks

3 BEL males, breed them to 20 females, big females that produce 10 eggs each , you are looking at 600 mojaves

Not that they went this overboard, but you can see the issue.. however I think it is harsh of MKR to screw with everyone this way, but it is their perrogative... when you consider tax they are getting $400ish after taxes per mojave?
    bryan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    I don't think there is anything problematic with those dirty cheap morphs being sold..... but yes, a lot of years and hard work and set backs go into producing ANY morph!

Hopefully the sale is short lived and things go back to normal and not like what has happened to pastels!
    Wishful thinking... if MKR is willing to sell this cheap, and has a large quantity, then they will continue to be able to produce a large amount and sell at low prices
    bryan

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast