Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,377

3 members and 3,374 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Tub Enclosures for rtbs?

I was wondering if putting my 4+ year and a half old rtb, Inga in a tub enclosure would be good for her? She currently is using her hide - up to yesterday she burrowed under the substrate. She also spent alot of time soaking in her water bowl - no mites but all that soaking worries me - she did it with her previous owner. I just wondered if putting her in a tub like the one my bp has (but bigger) would make her more comfortable. Or should I put a branch in the aquarium type enclosure she is currently in. It is one from Big Apple Herps - a 48X25X25 acrylic enclosure with a screen top. It is tough keeping the humidity up - constant misting, I run a humidifier in the room and also keep a wet cloth on top of 3/4 of the screen top, and cover that with saran wrap. Does anyone here have a rtb in a tub enclosre and if so, how's it working?

Thanks

Re: Tub Enclosures for rtbs?

ive had my 4+ foot male rtb in a 116 quart sterilite tub but if inga is bigger than than 116 quarts probably isnt enough. keeping the humidity is noproblem in tubs. if your rtb is excessively soaking the humidity may not be high enough or she could have mites.
    jeff

steve,

the man that started it all 5 years ago. thank you for getting me into the wonderful world of herpetoligy.
    you are and will always will be my idol.

Thanks

Look at this. It might be good depending on Inga's size.

go to REPTILE TUBS

click on Tubs, then click on VE Series. That one should be good for a 7 foot snake.
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks

Her humidity is at 55% and bumped up to 70 when she shed. She shed about a week or so ago. She has no mites - she went to the vet for a check up 2 weeks this Friday and was in great shape-healthwise, weightwise, musculature wise. She hasn't been outdoors at all. I checked her for mites. She did this all the time with her previous owner. She had dry waterlog spots from oversoaking. Thanks for the help and the links

Thanks

My 10 pounder, Hera is in a tub. (I figure she's probably 5' long, maybe 5.5') I didn't have a tank large enough for her when she first arrived. She went right into a tub. Since she's put on 4# since I got her in April, she's ready to move to a bigger one. I've found that she doesn't need "quite" as warm or humid as the BPs. If I've left her @ 60%, she'll get an irritated belly, but at just under 50%, and a little cooler, she's more comfortable.

She LOVES to tip her water bowl over and lay right up against the humidity gauge. *sigh* So I have to make sure to keep up with the husbandry, or her bedding gets wet and it's too much.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

A lot of WalMarts stock an Iris brand tub that is huge and identical to that VE series Iris tub from that link. The only difference is the lid is green and it is marked as a Xmas Tree Box. You won't likely find them in stock this time of year but it won't be long till they'll be back in the stores or some may have leftover stock from last year. Here's the old thread on this that Becky did after she spent a lot of money on the VE-175 and then found the almost identical tub at WalMart for $20.00 (and no shipping lol).

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ight=Iris+Xmas
    ~~Joanna~~