Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,721

0 members and 2,721 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

How did you first get interested in reptiles?

I would've made a poll on this but I couldn't think of any options other than "my friend had reptiles". I first became interested when my best friend Jamie got a little boa constrictor. At first I jumped back whenever he looked at me but I eventually got up the courage to hold him and haven't looked back since.
    Sam

Thanks

Re: How did you first get interested in reptiles?

My husband wanted a snake for his b-day! So I bought him one. It was my first snake ever! I've been hook ever since!

Thanks

I used to very much dislike snakes, but then a friend of mine was telling me about a burm her parents had when she was a kid and how tame snakes could be.
    annnnnnd I looked them up. Go me.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Spot I helped at the pet store girl catch him after he hissed at her and she dropped him. I just love the little guys.. And been hooked ever since
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I was a bout 8 yo and was at the Zoo and just fell in love w/ the reptile house. So I got some books on snakes and herps and read all I could at my age and then bugged my mom for a green anole. I had a male and a female.
    Then at age 10 I got my first snake a ribbon garter snake which I had for about 5 yrs. And the rest is history
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

Ever since I can remember .... I used to catch garter snakes in the spring at the park when I was maybe 5 or 6. I would keep 2 or 3 them for a couple of months, and then let them go. Same with an occasional lizard, and of course always had amphibians; tadpoles - frogs, newts, salamanders. Got a red-tail boa when I was 19, and had to sell her when the first kid was on the way. Then when my oldest turned 7, we got Tuleo for her so I could pass my fascination on .....

Neil
    Bunch of BP's
    0.1 3 Toed Box Turtles (Thunderball)
    2.1 Labradoodles (Duke, Vinnie, Sophie)
    0.1 Awsome Wife - 1.2 Awesome Kids

www.sunsetpythons.com

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

When I was in 5th grade or so, a "snake wrangler" came to our school and showed us a bunch of awesome snakes. We got to pet and handle some (under VERY close supervision.) But the strange thing was, not many kids wanted to touch 'em....and I couldn't for the life of me understand why. I thought they were fascinating.

But my Dad couldn't stand snakes either, so I was not allowed to have one as a pet. .....Grow up....get married....snakes a long-forgotten pleasure......Until my daughter gets a crush on Steve Irwin and decides she wants to be a herpetologist and MUST have a snake! In my hunt to learn about a "good first snake" and how to take care of it....and in my efforts to convince a very reluctant hubby......my own childhood ambitions woke up with a somewhat passionate vengence!

.....poor hubby has such a nutty wife! But he loves me anyway! But my snake collection won't really take off until he has retired from the military and we get a permanent home where he can build me a "snake house" so he doesn't have to actually live with my slithery hobby.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Since I was knee high to a duck, I've been exploring the (now shrinking)forests where I live. I've always caught tad-poles and lizards (don't see them anymore) and have to credit holding my first Garter snake with my mother (thanks Mom ) I admit I was scared but, it's been all downhill since then. I can't get enough (or learn enough) of them. I never really had any of my own until now though. I would always just collect them in the wild, study them and let them go. Now I have a corn snake and will be getting the first of many, many Royal pythons (my favorite).
    1.0 Amel Corn (Pepino) 0.1 Black Lab (Raven a.k.a. "The Girl") 1.0 Normal BP(Gambit)

Thanks

from the time i could walk you never saw me with out a toad or a snake in my hand i cought outside.

matt fisher

Thanks

We just bought one.
    0.0.1 ball python Triarius

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast