Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,038

1 members and 3,037 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,554
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

thought I would share a funny story...

This happend with in the first few days of getting naga, I had her in a 10 gallon with those horible Dial gage therms and hydormeters. I only had 1 hide and it was to big at that. I made a few beginer mistakes I know but thanks to rabernet and the folks at repticzone all was sorted out.

I was very parinoid at first I wont lie I still am lol, anyhow I would check on naga each morning before work, looked under her log hide to find she wasnt there!!! OMG panic set in, I imedietly went in to excuse mode I knew my boss wouldnt except my snake escaped and I have to find her as a valid excuse to get out of work.

after coming up with a excuse I began to look, I thought about all the care sheets and how they like warm places, The TV its near by the stand the cage is on. Guess im going to have to move the stand. so i start to take the 10 gallon tank down, removing the water dish so i dont get the substrate all wet. I lift it up and what do I find Naga all curled up under her water dish she had burrowed a tunnle from her hide lol.

anyhow that day after work i went out and got a 20 gallon long, a digital acurite thermometer and 2 small rock like hides. She hasnt burrowed since!!!!

i think the 10 gallon was just getting to hot with the UTH and light.

I was so glad to find her but man was my heart racing untill I did i was in a pure state of panic!!!!

Thanks

Re: thought I would share a funny story...

Oh too funny! They do like to give us heart failure on occasion. I swear they lay there with a ever so slightly evil snakey smirk on their faces all the while we are in panic mode. LOL
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Yes, Jo just hangs out in his hide and pokes his head out when I come in the room but my rtb Inga....another story - hides in the substrate - even though I know now that she's in there, I still often have to check just to make sure. She's using her hide today and yesterday for the first time (feeding day was yesterday) and today she was soaking for a few minutes in her tub - first time for that too. Also she hissed at me like crazy yesterday from her hide when I came in the room - I looked at her and I guess she didn't want a human anywhere around her - she just hissed and hissed. Then when I walked out of the room and went back in she had turned around in her hide so her head was facing inside. The girl likes her privacy sometimes I guess. So 3 firsts this weekend from Inga.

Thanks

Lol! I know how that goes... the second day I had my little guy, he gave me a similar heart attack... and there he was, just curled up in his tub watching me spaz out. Little stinkers!
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know just how you feel. I had my big Male get out Sunday.. Not cool.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"