Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,505

0 members and 2,505 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Update on Fluffy's clutch + pics

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    I can always count on you Justin for these kinds of worthwhile contributions.
    All in a days work.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

just want to say... it bothers me when people assume animals don't have maternal feelings or don't have feelings or emotions etc.

just because WE can't measure those feelings doesn't make them non-existant.

kinda like animals communicating with one another. some people don't believe they can... some do. unless we learn their language, we really can't say for certain either way.

just my 17 cents worth!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    just want to say... it bothers me when people assume animals don't have maternal feelings or don't have feelings or emotions etc.

just because WE can't measure those feelings doesn't make them non-existant.

kinda like animals communicating with one another. some people don't believe they can... some do. unless we learn their language, we really can't say for certain either way.

just my 17 cents worth!
    I agree with you every bit.

re-edited; I know some people who cover up their emotions and sometimes seem like they dont have an heart. I also who knew some teachers while I grew up who didnt seem to have feelings. But we all know they do. And just because they do show, doesnt mean they have none.
    Last edited by Sapphire7; 09-16-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks

i agree with you sapphire i've met a few people like that myself.
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

You are comparing a complex animal, like humans, to a very simply animal, like a ball python. I would disagree that they have an emotional structure. They just don't have the brain structure to support that. Not to say that I don't believe they have a unique spirit. This is such an intangible thing, and I try to base my animal care off more substantial information. Not to sound snide, but do you believe a bumblebee has an emotional response? (I'm really genuinely curious)

This is just one of those subjects that we'll have to agree to disagree. It happens in large and diverse communities like this, and I'm impressed that this thread has not degenerated into a name-calling fest.
    Last edited by tigerlily; 09-17-2006 at 02:00 PM.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

christie,

i believe that every living thing has a soul, a spirit and i believe they all have emotions and feelings. i've felt a tree cry when it was hacked down. i believe that every living thing has the ability to feel, and has the ability for emotions... because i don't believe it's all about the size of the brain... but the size of their soul!

and i'm cool with agreeing to disagree... i don't expect everyone to believe what i do.
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

christie,

i believe that every living thing has a soul, a spirit and i believe they all have emotions and feelings. i've felt a tree cry when it was hacked down. i believe that every living thing has the ability to feel, and has the ability for emotions... because i don't believe it's all about the size of the brain... but the size of their soul!

and i'm cool with agreeing to disagree... i don't expect everyone to believe what i do.
    That's cool. I know we celebrate very different things, and have different beliefs. I've never met anyone who celebrated such things, but you have such a wonderful outlook and always look for good. I respect that.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

christie,

Wow. I nearly cried of heart break when our neighbours cut down this BEAUTIFUL oak tree in their backyard that was against our fence. Beauty it was. There were always all sorts of critters of all sorts of sizes inthat tree and it was jsut soo big. Probably over 100 yrs old. So sad. I too could feel the loss of life from it. And believe even the most disgusting orginisims have souls. Maybe its just my religion that God created anything that lives and dies to have a soul. Big or small. And I hate it when people say 'Oh those animals are stupid, they have small brains" Well their brain fits their body. If we were smaller we'd still have brains to fit our body. And everyone says humans are the smartest lifeforms on this earth. Well if we're talking about brain size now then the blue whale has the moust soulness and smartness in the whole world. But just because we're humans doesnt mean we have to be selfish and always aply things only to ourselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire7
    Wow. I nearly cried of heart break when our neighbours cut down this BEAUTIFUL oak tree in their backyard that was against our fence. Beauty it was. There were always all sorts of critters of all sorts of sizes inthat tree and it was jsut soo big. Probably over 100 yrs old. So sad. I too could feel the loss of life from it. And believe even the most disgusting orginisims have souls. Maybe its just my religion that God created anything that lives and dies to have a soul. Big or small. And I hate it when people say 'Oh those animals are stupid, they have small brains" Well their brain fits their body. If we were smaller we'd still have brains to fit our body. And everyone says humans are the smartest lifeforms on this earth. Well if we're talking about brain size now then the blue whale has the moust soulness and smartness in the whole world. But just because we're humans doesnt mean we have to be selfish and always aply things only to ourselves.
    Ok, I'm not saying any animals are stupid/disgusting nor do I base my ideas on brain size. (there is a degree of structure to every brain) I don't believe it's ok to pull the wings off a bug. I teach my children to respect all living things. Again, we'll just agree to disagree.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    Ok, I'm not saying any animals are stupid/disgusting nor do I base my ideas on brain size. (there is a degree of structure to every brain) I don't believe it's ok to pull the wings off a bug. I teach my children to respect all living things. Again, we'll just agree to disagree.
    I love agreeing on things. So I do agree to disagree

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast