Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,102

1 members and 3,101 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

a "keeping ya posted" post

Hey all!!

its been a while since i've posted... i just wanted to let you know that caramel and butterscotch are doing fine. Caramel still isnt eating on her own but i am hoping that once i get her back down to FL where they have a few more options than just hoppers she will get the hang of it.... maybe a rat fuzzy will spark her interest. I am moving back to FL in 3 weeks for school and will be there in time for Daytona (im excited )...

Oh... i havent force-fed caramel in 4 weeks and she seems to be maintaining weight and staying hydrated... butterscotch is still fat and happy and is starting to feed better than my boyfriend's redtail ... i feed every friday but by wednesday she is looking for food... checking out anything that comes close to her tank with lots of suspiscion.

Does anyone have any suggestions on travelling for 2 days in a car with these little guys? when i brought them to missouri in may i am almost positive that i didnt do anything right in transport.

Anywayyyy hope everyone is/has enjoyed their summer!!!
    ~Lauren

1.2 Ball Pythons "Papi Chulo" "Caramel" "Butterscotch"
    1.0 Maltese "Teddy"
    0.0.1 Whites TF "Eagor"

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: a "keeping ya posted" post

Glad to hear that they are staying healthy. Sorry you have to feed them that way, I know it can be stressfull. Good luck in school and might see you in Daytona
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: a "keeping ya posted" post

Here are my suggestions for the move:

Skip the last meal before packing them up, if it is within 3-4 days. Plan on not feeding them again until you get them back into their permanent enclosures and give them a full week to settle in again.

Put each snake in its own bag. A pillowcase turned inside out will work fine. Tie the bags securely. Then put each in its own small box with a secure lid. If it's plastic, be sure it has holes for ventilation. If necessary, pack some wadded paper around the snake so its bag can't slide around in the box.

Then place the boxes on the floor or seat of your car, but make sure they won't fall or slide around. And make sure they're not directly under an AC vent, nor in direct sunlight.

If you need to spend the night somewhere, take the snakes inside with you, but it won't be necessary to take them out of their packaging.

MOST IMPORTANT....Never ever leave the animals in a parked car during the day!! Even a few minutes can heat that car up to deadly temperatures. When you gas up, leave the windows down and do it as quickly as possible. Plan on eating drive-through during the day.

I've traveled cross-country twice now with my critters, and it really just takes some common-sense planning. Good luck!
    -- Judy