Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,158

3 members and 3,155 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I can't believe how much was getting missed

Quote Originally Posted by rmune0750
    its not at all for attention, its just i have tendencies on the keyboard...i always bold and make things big and capital, and i always put astericks, believe me, its not for attention...
    I'll take you at your word. In future, you'll find people on line more receptive to what you have to say if you listen to what they are saying, especially about the style in which you present yourself, and try to make yourself appeal to others.
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

"They call me tatar salad" Heheheh I love Ron White

I guess it must be the tone of me type but I was just having a mind wonder concerning does the paper make it appear larger than it is, kinda like the side mirrors on your car " things appear closer" only sub it with larger.

I was just having a " I grew up in the 70's" mind wander

I understand 300cc is 300cc but depending on what you put it in makes it look larger/more or smaller/less
    I was totally off topic of the clean /unclean thing, sorry, sometimes my mind just wonders
    Sorry to stray.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

I'm happy I came across this thread, I also use Aspen and was under the illusion that if the bedding looked clean, then it must be. Didn't realize how much waste I am probably not seeing because it is getting absorbed. Thanks to everyone for their input.
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Austin)
    0.0.1 Albino California King
    0.0.1 Corn Snake (Cornsuela)
    0.1.0 Doberman/Shepherd/Lab mix (Zora)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmune0750
    y does it matter if i scream in my posts...its just exclamation marks...its words ...not like im screaming it in ur ears...and y would large font be distracting, it would get ur attention....u get annoyed at absolutely everything....jeez
    Why do you "need" to be heard so much? There is such a thing as netiquette - it's amazing what a well thought out, well written post will receive in responses - you should give it a try some time.

Your use of a larger font size is distracting and to be honest, it is getting annoying. Thanks.
    Agreed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    I'm happy I came across this thread, I also use Aspen and was under the illusion that if the bedding looked clean, then it must be. Didn't realize how much waste I am probably not seeing because it is getting absorbed. Thanks to everyone for their input.
    Yes the aspen really soaks it up. Until I saw a friends of mine newspaper after his bp ur'ed I was in awe at the amount. Newspaper or paper is the way to go to make sure it is always 100% up.
    I have my bp in a AP cage and I have it all prettied up so I use the aspen for appearence sake. It just makes for about a half a cage cleaning every time he soils in the cage and then pretty regular cleanings of the whole cage.
    Newspaper would be soo much easier.
    Ahhh the price we pay sometimes
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

What's so bad about using cypress or aspen, and cleaning out the cage completely after a BM or urination? It takes me about three minutes to scoop out the mulch, quickly spray things down with a cleaner, wipe and resub.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Oh it's not so bad, it just seems my bp always soils the cage just as I am about to go to bed and am dog tired. I do the same as you. Scoop, spray, wipe, spray and re sub.

Just some nights newspaper just seems easier. But I like the look of my aspen.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    What's so bad about using cypress or aspen
    I don't think anyone said that using cypress or aspen was "bad" ... just that their personal preference was to use paper. Cypress/aspen doesn't work well for me ... paper works GREAT! ... That's all.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    What's so bad about using cypress or aspen, and cleaning out the cage completely after a BM or urination? It takes me about three minutes to scoop out the mulch, quickly spray things down with a cleaner, wipe and resub.
    Nothing at all with the way you are doing it. Most people spot clean and don't replace all the bedding, which can leave some urates behind that are not seen.
    "Wild" Bill Hicok

Wild Bill's Ball Pythons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
    Nothing at all with the way you are doing it. Most people spot clean and don't replace all the bedding, which can leave some urates behind that are not seen.
    I found this with a search on 'cypress' ... I've been debating on buying those huge bags via a garden center instead of my expensive pet supply stores.

Just out of curiosity...I like a layer or two of newspaper under the substrate. When I spot clean, I actually end up taking out 1/2 the bedding since I take out anything on top of the wet paper. With a good wipe down and a half substrate replacement, do you think this would be sufficient in keeping the tank sanitary?

I do so love the look of aspen and cypress...but it IS a pain to keep up with.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast