Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,771

1 members and 2,770 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

View Poll Results: What is your feelings on Pitbulls?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them! I wouldn't own any other breed!

18 40.00%
  • I would NEVER own one!

10 22.22%
  • A dog is a dog! I have not real opinion!

17 37.78%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Just a little info on Pitbulls

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknMexicano
    Click on Featured Videos: Police seize dozens of Pit bulls in a home.
    I don't get it. Do you have the link??

Thanks

Nevermind, I get it now! Thanks BlacknMexicano

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    Here are my babies..

jinx and jazmin
    You should get Jinx and Jazmin I.D chips. Its not that much like $35 and you can get there stomach tattoed for like $25 with your first initial and last name with a -800- number to call incase they get lost. I did and it makes me feel safe to know if they do get out they will have to contact you before they can put them down.
    Don't worry I use the search button first...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknMexicano
    You should get Jinx and Jazmin I.D chips. Its not that much like $35 and you can get there stomach tattoed for like $25 with your first initial and last name with a -800- number to call incase they get lost. I did and it makes me feel safe to know if they do get out they will have to contact you before they can put them down.

Ahhh! tattoos hurt too much... BTW...I love tattoos, but can't take the pain...

Thanks

They knock the dog out for the tatoos and after that it doesn't bother them, atleast it doesnt look like it hurts them. But only certian Vets do the tats but a lot are doing the ID chips. They put the chip in the back of the dogs neckabout an inch under the skin with a needle and it doesnt hurt the dogs (mine didn't even move) and its about the size of the little ball tip of a bic pen.
    Don't worry I use the search button first...

Thanks

Well thanks! I'll have to check into that!

BTW blacknmexicano- I have a off topic dumb question...and I am pretty much assuming from your name that your half mexicano! Do you like reggaeton?

Thanks

Show the video to these parents. I'm sorry those dogs got abused, millions of dogs of a lot of breeds get abused and in every case it's sickening - pitbull, labrador, poodle...it's never right. Is that video an excuse for pits turning on people though. I don't get the point of it really. It's a sad commentary on animal abuse which isn't the case in every pit attack.

The pit in this recent case was a 2 year old female, a family pet that came under a fence to get to that child attempting to drag that baby back into it's yard. Past two parents that couldn't stop the speed and power of that dog bent on grabbing their kid. It was not a fighting dog. I saw it on TV, a perfectly conditioned dog...and sadly because of the way pits are here and the unprovoked attack on a child....likely one that will have to be put down now. Tell me again how these are dogs I shouldn't worry about and I should just worry about educating a bunch of people while they still retain ownerships of these animals.

18-month-old attacked by pit bull in South Toledo

An 18-month-old girl was attacked by a pit bull yesterday afternoon at Western Avenue and Boody Street in South Toledo, authorities said.

Opal Gibson was taken to Toledo Hospital, where she was in fair condition last night, a hospital spokesman said.

Opal was walking with her parents on Western about 3:30 p.m. when the dog grabbed the girl from underneath a fence and dragged her partially underneath.

She suffered multiple puncture wounds to her right leg, said Karla Hamlin, acting Lucas County dog warden.

I'm sorry if I am offending any of you that own pits and do so responsibly. If you have any workable suggestions, since you know and love this breed, email the Lucas County Dog Warden. This "wait for another attack then go after the owner" obviously isn't working all that well where I live.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

No disrespect to you frankykeno, I understand where your coming from.

but I have to post this also these dogs were not pitbulls, but a german sheppard and lab.

Stafford 5-year-old attacked Neighbors save boy from roaming dogs

Featured Advertiser

Neighbor kills one dog, wounds other after incident; charges pending against owners.

By KEITH EPPS
    Charges are pending against the owners of two dogs that attacked a 5-year-old boy in Stafford County, authorities said yesterday.

Sheriff Charles Jett said the boy suffered bite wounds Sunday, but escaped more serious injury because of the intervention of two neighbors, a federal air marshal and an Alexandria police officer.

The air marshal shot both dogs, killing one. The second dog, a mixed black Labrador Retriever, remained at large yesterday.

According to Jett, the child was playing in his front yard on Confederate Way in central Stafford about 1:45 p.m. when a German shepherd and the mixed lab began biting him. It was not clear yesterday how long the dogs had been running loose.

The air marshal came outside after hearing the child's frantic screams and saw what was happening. He and another neighbor, the Alexandria police officer, kicked the dogs away from the child, allowing him to get into his home.

The boy was taken to a hospital by his parents, where he was treated for bites to his arms and hip areas and released, Jett said.

The sheriff declined to name the officers, but credited them with saving the child from further injury.

After the boy got to safety, Jett said, the dogs turned their attention on the air marshal. They circled him, growling and acting aggressively, Jett said.

The air marshal's son had come outside by this time. Jett said the air marshal told his young son to slowly walk back into the home, which he did.

The air marshal moved slowly into his home as well, Jett said. He retrieved a pistol and came back outside. The dogs were in his yard by now and came toward him.

The air marshal shot the German shepherd, killing him instantly. The second dog ran after being shot and wounded.

The air marshal and another neighbor pursued the dog and shot it a second time. But the dog continued to run and got away.

Jett said the air marshal waited until he was a safe distance from homes before firing the second shot.

Animal control officers spent much of Monday and yesterday looking for the wounded animal without success.

The dogs belong to the same owners, who Jett said will be charged. The owners live in the same area, he said.

Because the second animal got away without being tested, Jett said the child will undergo rabies treatments

Thanks

Jo, in reality, who knows how that dog was treated by past ppl walking past its yard; maybe it was teased and tormented, dogs dont forget, the bottom line is, ANY breed can be unpredictable, and to say that it is only pitbulls, is very unfair. I am certainly sympathetic to the girl who was attacked, and her parents... it seems as if this dog may be unpredictable due to who knows what. But to classify all pit dogs as being mean, unpredictable and such is just wrong... very much like alot of the prejudices experienced within the human race.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    Jo, in reality, who knows how that dog was treated by past ppl walking past its yard; maybe it was teased and tormented, dogs dont forget, the bottom line is, ANY breed can be unpredictable, and to say that it is only pitbulls, is very unfair. I am certainly sympathetic to the girl who was attacked, and her parents... it seems as if this dog may be unpredictable due to who knows what. But to classify all pit dogs as being mean, unpredictable and such is just wrong... very much like alot of the prejudices experienced within the human race.
    I like you Jeanne!

You have very good points. You also use good wording! LOL

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast