Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

1 members and 3,240 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

View Poll Results: What is your feelings on Pitbulls?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them! I wouldn't own any other breed!

18 40.00%
  • I would NEVER own one!

10 22.22%
  • A dog is a dog! I have not real opinion!

17 37.78%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Just a little info on Pitbulls

I know i'm going to catch it for this but here goes.I'm a vet tech studing to be a vet in a few years and we see all kinds of dogs bulls being one of them.I can say without a question this is one breed of animal that needs to be removed form the face of the earth!You can be the best owner in the world and at some point this dog is going to turn on you or someone you know.

We put down two or three a month because the dog is just plain NASTY!!!

Sry for my typing but i'm trying to feed my four month old son. And sometimes thats a full time job.

Thanks

WTF,removed off the face of the earth?You are stupid!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlCapone
    I know i'm going to catch it for this but here goes.I'm a vet tech studing to be a vet in a few years and we see all kinds of dogs bulls being one of them.I can say without a question this is one breed of animal that needs to be removed form the face of the earth!You can be the best owner in the world and at some point this dog is going to turn on you or someone you know.

Sry for my typing but i'm trying to feed my four month old son. And sometimes thats a full time job.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????

Thanks

Thanks

Those are probably the ones that are not raised properly. Using that same mentality, there are many criminals that have to be "put down" by the police every month. Maybe we should push that the entire human race be removed from the face of the earth too. One bad apple spoils the bunch right?

Thanks

"WTF,removed off the face of the earth?You are stupid"

Yep i'm stupid,But i get a first hand look at what this dog is all about and this breed needs to go period. Take alook at the facts pitbulls bite and kill their owners more than any breed in america fact. They kill more humans than any other breeds in america fact. I could go on but whats the point.Take a look at the numbers on Ohio State U. website under vet school. That tells you all you need to know.

Thanks

"WTF,removed off the face of the earth?You are stupid"

Yep i'm stupid,But i get a first hand look at what this dog is all about and this breed needs to go period. Take alook at the facts pitbulls bite and kill their owners more than any breed in america fact. They kill more humans than any other breeds in america fact. I could go on but whats the point.Take a look at the numbers on Ohio State U. website under vet school. That tells you all you need to know.
    Ever stop to think about why this is? When a pitbull bites it BITES. The key work there being WHEN. Just because a dog is a pitbull does not mean that it will attack and kill its owner and deserves to be put down before this even happens. Did you look up any statistics about how many humans kill humans? I assure you that more humans are killed by humans than pitbulls. It seems to me that humans are more of a threat to humans than pitbulls are.

Thanks

woah! woah! woah!!!!!

this is a topic about pit bulls!!!! not stupid people!!! you wanna bash stupid people?? make a thread about it!!!!

that said i don't think you're stupid, Alcapone. however i do believe numbers are skewed. for example, i read a statistic that more people are bitten every year by bluefish than by all shark types combined, on the American Eastern Seaboard (atlantic Ocean)

however getting bit by a bluefish rarely draws blood. therefore the numbers don't get reported because...who cares?

you see? so i don't know if this holds true by dogs, i would assume (note the word assume) that most dog bites draw blood or worse (eg stiches) but you get my point.

in summation i don't have any particular feelings towards owning a pit bull. i wouldn't want to see them wiped from the face of the earth (i've seen too many movies, i know that of course right after we would wipe them from the face of the earth aliens would come and demand to have their children back or something.)

wow, i wander a lot.
    Alex
    {1.0.0 ball pythons- MONTYcurently being fostered}
    0.3.0 older sisters
    3.0.0 older brother-in-laws
    3.0.0 little brothers
    0.1.0 cutest lil sister ever
    New!!! just added!!!3.0.0. nephew!

Thanks

You wanna talk dog bites? I'm a Vet Tech as well and I have seen many, MANY more bites from people's spoiled Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, Rat Terriers, Schnauzers, Lhasa Apsos, Labradors, etc. We get alot of Am. Staff.'s and Am. Pit Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs, Bull Terriers, and they are the ones I look forward to every day. They could care less what you stick or poke them with, they just look at you with that big smile on their face and love you for being there with them. If they are socialized properly, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOG, then they are perfectly fine to be with other dogs/cats/etc. I mean, seriously, if you didn't properly socialize a Lab, Husky, or one of those ditsy Chihuahuas(like every one I have ever met has been) they could be definitely be equally aggressive and very dangerous(with children or other animals).

Proper socialization, proper training, and not to mention the most important part; Spaying and Neutering to get rid of the health problems, frustration associated with the hormonal influence, and the unneeded aggression. It is all any dog ever needs. Sounds like someone needs to watch The Dog Whisperer and really take in what Cesar is talking about. I would trust any Bully breed MUCH farther than I would ever trust any of the toy breeds.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast