Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,362

0 members and 3,362 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: What is your feelings on Pitbulls?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them! I wouldn't own any other breed!

18 40.00%
  • I would NEVER own one!

10 22.22%
  • A dog is a dog! I have not real opinion!

17 37.78%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Just a little info on Pitbulls

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    I like you Jeanne!

You have very good points. You also use good wording! LOL
    Thanks, I try!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

It is obvious that this thread is going to go round and round. Pit haters will continue to hate and pit lovers will continue to love. It is unfortunate that these attacks happen and that the entire breed is branded as mean and vicious because of a small percentage of the pit population. The bottom line is that there is no way to get rid of the breed altogether. BSL's may be put in place that may or may not be effective, pit fights will continue to happen, people will continue to breed them, and some of them will end up in the wrong hands.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts
    Well thanks! I'll have to check into that!

BTW blacknmexicano- I have a off topic dumb question...and I am pretty much assuming from your name that your half mexicano! Do you like reggaeton?
    If you mean music like Daddy Yankee HELL YA!
    Don't worry I use the search button first...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknMexicano
    If you mean music like Daddy Yankee HELL YA!
    Me too! Ever since I went to Cancun,(thats mainly what they were playing) I'm in love with Daddy Yankee.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brainman1000
    It is obvious that this thread is going to go round and round. Pit haters will continue to hate and pit lovers will continue to love. It is unfortunate that these attacks happen and that the entire breed is branded as mean and vicious because of a small percentage of the pit population. The bottom line is that there is no way to get rid of the breed altogether. BSL's may be put in place that may or may not be effective, pit fights will continue to happen, people will continue to breed them, and some of them will end up in the wrong hands.
    Well gee thank you for tossing anything I said and any concern I have off as me being a "pit hater". That sort of attitude will end my participation in this thread which quite honestly, is probably a good thing.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Well gee thank you for tossing anything I said and any concern I have off as me being a "pit hater". That sort of attitude will end my participation in this thread which quite honestly, is probably a good thing.
    I never called anybody a hater. All I am saying is that nobody here is going to change their opinion. "Haters" and "lovers" are the two extreems and there are other categories in between like "indifferent" and "tolerant".

Thanks

Man, I totally missed this whole thread! :/

I have rottweilers, not pit bulls, but my dogs are subjected to the same silly laws as other breeds.

I've got no problem with legislation that targets vicious and dangerous dogs; in fact, I fully support it. I do have a problem when the entire breed is targeted because of a few bad apples, beit the people owning them, or the dogs themselves.

I work hard with my dogs, to socialize them, and to put them in the public eye and have people realize that they are just like other dogs. They're approachable and friendly. They adore children, and behave in public. In fact, on any given day, I'd rather take the dogs out than the kids!

I've written letters, appeared on television, on the radio, and in print to speak out against BSL. I've gone to hearings and have paperwork, research and bylaws up the wazoo on my desk. BSL does NOT work. Dog bites are still happening. The woman who just underwent the face transplant? Mauled by her dog. It wasn't a pit bull either. It was the wonderful Labrador. All dogs can and will bite, under the right (or wrong!) circumstances.

Supervision of all dogs, especially around children, is key. Education of proper behaviour around dogs is also key, as is TRAINING your animal to be a respectful, and welcome part of society.
    1.1 ball pythons 'Constantine' and 'Calypso'
    1.1 cornsnakes 'Naga' (miami phase) and 'Aurora' (anery, het for amel)
    0.1 boa constrictor imperator 'Calliope'
    0.1 rottweilers 'Java'
    2.0 children 'Robbie' and 'Logan'

Thanks

there was an older lady working in her garden last night here in Kansas City and her worst nightmare came true... she was 71 and had told her kids that she was worried the neighbor's dogs were dangerous because of how they growled at her through the fence... last night one of the two pitbulls jumped the 6 foot fence and mauled the little old lady... worst part was it took an axe to get the dog off the lady and she didnt die till she was at the hospital...i cant imagine the pain.

i do think that these dogs are bred to be aggressive... which shouldnt be a problem if they are properly housed and all the right precautions are taken. However, it cant be proven that a new owner will do so... its a sticky subject.... but im a big believer that the owners in alot of cases are the problem....BUT since there are no gauruntees on how the owners will treat them i tend to lean towards them not being allowed... i know thats a terrible thing to say but there have been several dog attacks in my area recently that have all involved pitbulls... i feel very bad for those of you fortunate enough to have a great pitbull that has never hurt anyone and has a great disposition which is why i am still on the fence on this issue. -> its not fair to deprive the responsible owners of their pets but then again its a huge risk to sell them with the chance that they will attack someone. :/
    ~Lauren

1.2 Ball Pythons "Papi Chulo" "Caramel" "Butterscotch"
    1.0 Maltese "Teddy"
    0.0.1 Whites TF "Eagor"

Thanks

By banning pit bulls you are not going to solve anything. Its just like banning certain guns...the good people will turn them in, the bad people won't. By banning the dogs, they will have no chance to revive their image as the great loyal and friendly dogs that they are because all of the pit bulls that would be left are the pits that are agressive fighters owned by the "bad" people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren
    there was an older lady working in her garden last night here in Kansas City and her worst nightmare came true... she was 71 and had told her kids that she was worried the neighbor's dogs were dangerous because of how they growled at her through the fence... last night one of the two pitbulls jumped the 6 foot fence and mauled the little old lady... worst part was it took an axe to get the dog off the lady and she didnt die till she was at the hospital...i cant imagine the pain.
    I heard about that, it's awful.

My question is though, why couldn't these dogs have been targeted as vicious DOGS, based on their antics of intimidation and behaviour? I'm sorry, but any dog that repeatedly growled at me through a fence is not going to be tolerated, whether it's a pit bull, doberman, or a golden retriever. Vicious behaviours should not be allowed, by any dog.

There needs to be a law that targets that behaviour. Any dog, regardless of breed, that growls or charges or otherwise intimidates, should be deemed a vicious dog, and penalized by way of higher fencing (with roofing!) and muzzles when off of property. However, a muzzle order wouldn't have worked on these dogs, as they were still on their own property, until they climbed the fence. Where was the supervision? Where's the responsible adult that should have their eyes on their animal?
    1.1 ball pythons 'Constantine' and 'Calypso'
    1.1 cornsnakes 'Naga' (miami phase) and 'Aurora' (anery, het for amel)
    0.1 boa constrictor imperator 'Calliope'
    0.1 rottweilers 'Java'
    2.0 children 'Robbie' and 'Logan'

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast