Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,252

0 members and 3,252 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Eggs update.

Thanks

Eggs update.

Well tommorow is day 60 for the eggs and from the 10 that were laid only 5 are still good and all but one of those 5 have started to dent. It didnt really seem like its been this long but when it came to day 53 everything seemed to slow down and take for ever. If they dont pip by day 61 should I make a small cut? The were incubated at 89-90 throughtout the incubation period. I keep feeling like im going to open the incubater up and they all are going to be bad.
    Am I worrying too much? We had a power outage about 3 weeks ago and they got down to 82 but for only a couple hours.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Thumbs up Re: Eggs update.

Quote Originally Posted by worldcupkeeper
    Well tommorow is day 60 for the eggs and from the 10 that were laid only 5 are still good and all but one of those 5 have started to dent. It didnt really seem like its been this long but when it came to day 53 everything seemed to slow down and take for ever. If they dont pip by day 61 should I make a small cut? The were incubated at 89-90 throughtout the incubation period. I keep feeling like im going to open the incubater up and they all are going to be bad.
    Am I worrying too much? We had a power outage about 3 weeks ago and they got down to 82 but for only a couple hours.
    Aric relax your going to make your hair gray lol.They will pip the eggs when they are ready and will totaly leave the shell when they are ready.As long as you did not open the incubator during the power outage the temps should have stayed close to 90.Give them a day or two and we will see your post stating they are out of the eggs .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Re: Eggs update.

ok thanks, ive never delt with anything this stressful. I checked the low reading the day after the outage and it read 82 and the probe is inside the egg box.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worldcupkeeper
    ok thanks, ive never delt with anything this stressful. I checked the low reading the day after the outage and it read 82 and the probe is inside the egg box.
    As it was a short time i dont think it should matter this late in the incubation period.We have had our lights go out twice this month and my corn snake eggs still look good.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Ok, the only thing thats worrying me now is one egg has a very small green spot on it, its been there for 2 weeks.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good luck and we'll be sending good thoughts your way
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"