Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,128

3 members and 3,125 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Questions for the General Public

Quote Originally Posted by mr~python
    Melanie, i think you would be the coolest teacher ever if you tought other alternatives to how the world was created other then evolution which i can see no fact or proof in anyways. you have my vote! i thoroughly support you.
    Evolution does NOT deal with how the world came to be...it deals with "The origin of species...."

It seems like you have alternative ideas anyway....do you really feel they need to be promoted by a science teacher? Cant you try to learn something well even if you dont agree with it 100%?
    ~ 1.0.0 Python regius ~ Wild-type ~
    ~
    1.0.0 Canis familiaris ~ Blue Italian Greyhound ~

~ 0.0.9 Danio rerio~ Wild-type and Glofish

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mendel's Balls
    It seems like you have alternative ideas anyway....do you really feel they need to be promoted by a science teacher? Cant you try to learn something well even if you dont agree with it 100%?
    yes i do. in my Christian school our teachers teach us about creation, but they also show us how evoltionists believe the world and animals became and how it could not have happened. i still find it interesting how evolutionist believe the world and animals became and i still can learn it, i just dont believe it.

i think in public school children (like my self) should be tought all the theorys of how the world was created.

no pun intended guys.
    -marshall

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Evolution does NOT deal with how the world came to be...it deals with "The origin of species...."

I plan to learn it well, and teach it to the best of my ability as everything else needing to be taught in the cirriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    If it is school text books you take with a grain of salt as you do the bible..then maybe you should reconsider going into the education career at all, because bottom line, school text books are what you will be teaching from. How and why would you even attempt to teach something you take with a grain of salt?
    Let me ask you something. Do you read the newspaper and take that as law? That everything in the newspaper is true? I would hope not.

I'm not stating that everything in the text books will be wrong, or that it's all false, I'm simply stating that I won't just accept what's in my textbook to be the complete truth.

Simple Example: The progression of the horse, which had been disproven is probably in that textbook. People who are of firm belief in that being a prime example of evolution believed in something that seemed to be so true. Yet it was wrong.

I simply want my students to realize that the textbook issued to them is not the end-all be-all.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Thanks

yes i do. in my Christian school our teachers teach us about creation, but they also show us how evoltionists believe the world and animals became and how it could not have happened. i still find it interesting how evolutionist believe the world and animals became and i still can learn it, i just dont believe it.

i think in public school children (like my self) should be tought all the theorys of how the world was created.

no pun intended guys.
    I'd actually disagree. I think public school students shouldn't be taught all of the theories. That would take at least an entire semester and the rest of the curriculum would be left to another. I do, however, think it's the responsible teacher that encourages her/his students to look at these other "theories."
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).

Thanks

yes i do. in my Christian school our teachers teach us about creation, but they also show us how evoltionists believe the world originated and how it could not have happened. i still find it interesting how evolutionist believe the world originated and i still can learn it, i just dont believe it.

no pun intended guys.
    If you think that, then your not learning American histroy or civics very well from your school.....

Its called Speration of Church and State.

The only place that these ideas belong in a public school are in a philosophy class, certainly not a science class.....

I took a class in high school during 12th grade called the "Theory of Knowledge"...its part of the IB program......it was a philosophy class that addressed these type of issues.
    ~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious
    I'd actually disagree. I think public school students shouldn't be taught all of the theories. That would take at least an entire semester and the rest of the curriculum would be left to another. I do, however, think it's the responsible teacher that encourages her/his students to look at these other "theories."
    I think you keep showing how you really dont get how the word theory is used in science......

You got to stick to scientific theories in science class.
    ~

Thanks

I think you keep showing how you really dont get how the word theory is used in science......

You got to stick to scientific theories in science class.
    And I think you don't understand the power of quotations. Theories in quotations emphasises the fact that a lot of normal, everyday people use the term theory loosely. I was emphasizing that point. Imagine that everytime I do that, I do the quotation sign with my fingers. ~Quoting fingers!~ That's why when I stated ideas, they're not in quotes. Alternatives isn't in quotes. However; "theories," "theory" etc are.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

Thanks

Aside from what you 'should' or want to do about this, one aspect to keep in mind is that you may very well not be authorized to touch on the things we are discussing. I had a spanish teacher in high school who was fired for just mentioning some school politics to a class, I can't imagine a science teacher that encouraged students to look at theological alternatives to scientific fact would last long at ANY public school.
    -Brad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious
    And I think you don't understand the power of quotations. Theories in quotations emphasises the fact that a lot of normal, everyday people use the term theory loosely. I was emphasizing that point. Imagine that everytime I do that, I do the quotation sign with my fingers. ~Quoting fingers!~ That's why when I stated ideas, they're not in quotes. Alternatives isn't in quotes. However; "theories," "theory" etc are.
    your "theories" dont belong in public school science classrooms...do that on your own time.
    ~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    Aside from what you 'should' or want to do about this, one aspect to keep in mind is that you may very well not be authorized to touch on the things we are discussing. I had a spanish teacher in high school who was fired for just mentioning some school politics to a class, I can't imagine a science teacher that encouraged students to look at theological alternatives to scientific fact would last long at ANY public school.
    True believers, heed this practical advice!
    ~

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast