Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,345

2 members and 3,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: another addition to the house

We have 4 cats...all abandoned ones that needed homes. 2 of them I found as 6-week-old kittens. One is now 15 and the other is now 4. It's hard to let the little guys go.

I've nursed unweaned kittens before and also had litters from my cats...IME they generally need to eat every 2-3 hours. Even if he is asleep, you need to wake him up to eat. Kittens tend to sleep while mom is gone, and she will come back to feed them every 2-3 hours, and they wake up once she settles down and they smell her. They're just like human babies, they need every bit as much care, right down to elimination (which you sound like you've got down pat). One thing you may want to consider is getting a heating pad to put on one side of his box so he can stay warm. Without littermates and without a mom, he'll be cold since kittens can't regulate their body temperature well. If you get a heating pad (or even one of those rubber ones you put warm water into), cover it with something furry or soft so he can snuggle and feel secure.

Kudos for helping the little guy out! We need pics!
    Animals are my passion and my life.

Never, ever underestimate the vital importance of strict and proper quarantine. There is no such thing as being too careful. One mistake can cost a world of damage, and regret that lasts a lifetime.

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison
    I've nursed unweaned kittens before
    wow, you are brave... nursing kittens! i wouldn't want those razor teeth on my breasts LOL
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

we raise siamese cats and you should feed them every 2 - 3 hours, whipe their bums with a damp washcloth and give them lots of love :-D it's hard, me and my mom had to rotate to keep a litter of 3 kittens alive, it's draining but very well worth it, depending on how old the kitten is, you can get wet cat food and pix the formulia with it till it's kinda soupy then the kitten can drink it up. they can usually do that as long as they have their eyes open :-D
    If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were

"In the beginning it was fun. In the end, it was all for fun. And in between is where it tickles most."

Did you ever think there was more to life than just being really really ridiculously good looking?

Thanks

LMAO! Yeah right, I failed at breastfeeding my daughter so kittens would have been a definite no-no.

Is it just me or are they always messy? The ones I bottle-fed just slobbered EVERYWHERE. It was cute but they weren't keen on getting cleaned up. Kind of like human babies...lol!

Never, ever underestimate the vital importance of strict and proper quarantine. There is no such thing as being too careful. One mistake can cost a world of damage, and regret that lasts a lifetime.

Thanks

that is my 5 year old seal point siamese :-D her name is nala
    If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were

"In the beginning it was fun. In the end, it was all for fun. And in between is where it tickles most."

Did you ever think there was more to life than just being really really ridiculously good looking?

Thanks

Meezer! <3

I love Siameses, my mom has always had them. I grew up with a cranky chocolate point named Tony, he lived to 18 years of age (died when I was 14). She now has 2 Siamese/himalayan crosses, one chocolate point and one of his sons, which is a blue point. I adore them, they are SO sweet and good-natured and cuddly.

My husband and I found a blue lynx point Siamese a few months ago, she had been dumped on the street in our neighborhood. She was about 6-8 months old and very scared, but became super lovey and playful once we brought her home. No one claimed her after 2 weeks of putting up ads, so we found her a great home in Dallas with an older lady whose cat had just passed away. I wish we could have kept her, she was so funny. We had named her Chloe.

*returns thread to OP*

Thanks

siamese are the best, i don't know why some people think that they are meen, we have 5 right now and we're expecting kittens, some of our mothers were bad so we had to raise them, we only eaise the original colors, blue point, seal point, lilac point and chocolate point. our cats arn't regestered b/c we dislike the pointy faced inbred cats that are in the show ring today, and they've mutted up pure bread siamese with tabbys and studd to get the weird points ... sorry for the rambel. but if the lil one you have is really a meeser, wour in for a treat :-D they are awesome cats

Thanks

You'll end up keeping him, siamese cats are great! Ours is a little moody sometimes, but he sure is entertaining Sidney is a 12 year old (overweight) applehead chocolate point.

-Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks

aww your guys pictures are adorable!!!!!!

I am starting to really love this little guy.

hes doing great on his feedings eating about 2 tblsp a feeding.
    He is starting to get darker in color around his face and bum.
    he is lovey too! likes to cuddle in my robe on my chest. I keep him in a cat carrier with blankets. I used to warm it up in there with a heating pad but seems he really dosent use it.

My big boy mikey thinks hes some weird invader and watches him like a hawk when i let him wobble around. He doest try and be friendly but more so tries to be macho and act like he isnt into the kitten when they are really close.

I hope he grows to look stunning like alot of the pictures you guys have shown me. I named him Charlie.

my step sisters kitten is smaller in size and has one eye that isnt fully open. My mom thinks something is wrong with it. I tell her to stumulate the eye and give her some more time.

anyways thanks for everything guys and hopefully i can get pictures on soon.
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.
    Romans 5:2-4

Thanks

my friends and i found a kitten at hour high school that was about 4-5 weeks old. We fed him every couple of hours with kitten formula when he got bigger we started mixing the formula wiht wet kittten food, which was rather funny to watch him try to eat as he would just chew the spood or whatever the food was in and rub it into his fac. now he is about 4 months old.

when we first got him
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...anana/nny2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...anana/nny5.jpg
    now
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...ana/Pix015.jpg

His name is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac which proved well after the numerous times he made us all bleed with is pirahna teeth. Now finaly he has stoped attacking anythign that moves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12