Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,152

1 members and 3,151 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Recent trends...

Quote Originally Posted by elevatethis
    You should get one...my brother just did....50" Samsung. I know where I'll be for football, march madness, last season of the sopranos, etc!
    As soon as they let you trade your 16 year old in for one it's all mine, man.

Quote Originally Posted by cue
    Man, I am so four minutes ago
    And I am so two decades ago!

(forgive the derailment/fallout from my call to the blender - please resume discussion)

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

discussion resumation underway.

i hear what ur saying adam, that the site isn't deteriorating. in my opinion it hasnt done anything worse than happen to gather two or three temporary 'tards (i say temporary b/c sometimes the biggest tards turn out to be really nice helpful people when they settle down a bit) at once instead of one which happens on ocassion.

i don't think heavy moderation is the way to go and i like Mousch's idea of the "checklists for snake upkeep thingy" (although there should be a misclaneous category for unsure questions)

however i personally think my idea with the sticky thingy is a good one. it doesn't limit newbies whatsoever they can still participate in all of the threads fully put it shows the conversations/ argument/ foodfights we've had in the past and is specifically geared towards helping them. not limiting them.
    Alex
    {1.0.0 ball pythons- MONTYcurently being fostered}
    0.3.0 older sisters
    3.0.0 older brother-in-laws
    3.0.0 little brothers
    0.1.0 cutest lil sister ever
    New!!! just added!!!3.0.0. nephew!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    I understand everyones frustration, as I too have felt it on many occassions. But the bottom line is, we all need to learn more tolerance for eachother. Not all teens or younger members are causing an issue, just a select few. It is not fair to make all pay the consequences for the action of a select few. If you have an issue with a noob, learn to ignore and not waste your time by posting and argueing.. or just post info and leave it at that.
    I have stayed out of this one so far, but Jeanne is 100% right. I have managed to stop myself about 10 times from posting what I want to say in response to obviously ridiculous posts. I saw one yesterday that finally broke the "Camels Back", but the thread dissapeard before I finished my response (thank you admins, because it might have gone somewhere that it did not need to go).

I also agree with Adam though, this is a great site and I think it is moderated wonderfully. I have looked and joined several others, but do not post. I like it here, and even though I am fairly new here people have been great to me. My 12 year old daughter has an account, and I feel she is safe and in good hands when I am not looking over her shoulder. She has been reluctant to post because of not wanting to get treated as a "noob", but I think she is feeling more comfortable all the time. I have tried explaining to her that if she posts, just use common sense.

Bottom line, I would hate to see things change.

Neil
    Bunch of BP's
    0.1 3 Toed Box Turtles (Thunderball)
    2.1 Labradoodles (Duke, Vinnie, Sophie)
    0.1 Awsome Wife - 1.2 Awesome Kids

www.sunsetpythons.com

Thanks

After thinking about it, sure there will be things we don't like seeing, but that is a part of an ever increasing membership. You take the good with the bad. I don't think anything should change.

The fact we are all enjoying our time here is enough for me to say don't change a thing.
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks

You know we are all going to be complaining in a couple months when everything slows down.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

I think when schools starts things will even out. People have alot of time on their hands right now. ( well some people, not all of us)

I tend to agree w/ Adam's take.

This is an awesome site w/ great folks who really care about the animals and spreading the word on the best way to do things or handle situations when it come to the care of our pets.

In my time on here I have noticed things on here seem to go in cycles, so I think as always things will settle down and even out. Since 2003 when I came on here this site has gone thru a ton of changes and members but the core seems to stay and new ones come aboard and all in all this is not only one of the best message boards on herps but one of the best messages boards I have been on or am currently on, period.

I just love me some bp-net
    It rocks!
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

I am THE expert. This is a mandate from the master, not a suggestion or my opinion;

The first thing that needs to be done is a screen that comes up when a person first registers. This screen will show how to properly use the forum (i.e. this thing called a search function, these things called stickies etc.) that way new members don't go posting right away the first question that pops into their head.

The second thing needed to be done is an option when starting a thread to have only veterans reply. This will eliminate much of the dispute over information. This also gives everyone the ability to just "ask the experts". no "instant experts" in this thread, just straight up experts who earned it through time and experience. This is all for now.

P.S I hope everyone can tell the seriousness in my tone
    -Brad

0.1.1 BP {Rorschach & unnamed}

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder4l154
    I am THE expert. This is a mandate from the master, not a suggestion or my opinion;

The first thing that needs to be done is a screen that comes up when a person first registers. This screen will show how to properly use the forum (i.e. this thing called a search function, these things called stickies etc.) that way new members don't go posting right away the first question that pops into their head.

The second thing needed to be done is an option when starting a thread to have only veterans reply. This will eliminate much of the dispute over information. This also gives everyone the ability to just "ask the experts". no "instant experts" in this thread, just straight up experts who earned it through time and experience. This is all for now.

Good thing you are not admin or master of anything here then!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder4l154

Our problems are solved....LOL
    Scott Collien

Sputnik's Reptiles

Thanks

Leave it to a student of Radford
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast