Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,374

3 members and 3,371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Thanks

Re: Recent trends...

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    While I don't take offense, even if I should, I think you are way off on this one. The veterans here didn't create the problem and the joking around and off topic behavior isn't furthering the problem. That is my opinion, take it as you like
    I just reread this and realized that it may not come off as it was intended. I apologize if it was offensive to you Jo. Its been a long day!!

Thanks

I just reread this and realized that it may not come off as it was intended. I apologize if it was offensive to you Jo. Its been a long day!!
    I wouldn't accept that if I were you, Jo. Long day or not, we still want to see Jamie get the flogging he deserves. (even if he was right)

-Lawrence

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdeus
    I wouldn't accept that if I were you, Jo. Long day or not, we still want to see Jamie get the flogging he deserves. (even if he was right)
    After today a good flogging would be sweeeeet!

Thanks

I hear you. Friday couldn't come fast enough this week, but when it came it decided to kick me in the @$$ for good measure. At least it made the margaritas extra tasty.

-Lawrence

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdeus
    I hear you. Friday couldn't come fast enough this week, but when it came it decided to kick me in the @$$ for good measure. At least it eventually made the margaritas extra tasty.
    We had a transformer blow at 9AM. We were down until 1:30PM (and had to stay in the hot building the whole time) and when the power came on I had to spend the balance of the day getting all the servers back up and functioning and replacing equipment that got fried. Good stuff!

Thanks

We had a transformer blow at 9AM. We were down until 1:30PM (and had to stay in the hot building the whole time) and when the power came on I had to spend the balance of the day getting all the servers back up and functioning and replacing equipment that got fried. Good stuff!
    Okay, you win. I just had to deal with lots of petty stuff like old, failing backup tapes and annoying users complaining because their system booted up too slow. At least I got my VPN problems worked out so I can start logging OT from home.

-Lawrence

Thanks

I'm a little behind the times, because I don't have access at home, and I work nights, but as a not-so-fresh newbie, I'd like to comment.....

I lurked...I read.....I signed on here. From here I found links to other forum sites, and many, many MANY breeder, vendor, product, yadda yadda sites to add to the "favorites" collection. (now how am I gonna xfer them to my HOME PC???? )

Yeah, there are some dinks, and I know I asked some of the same questions as others in the past...but in admission, I did TRY the search and couldn't find enough info on the topics, so I posted. Then someone was kind enough to either tell, and/or give me the link to the previous thread(s) so that I could read some more.........I've had the care and feeding of snakes before, but it's been some years, so I needed additional information and other, newer skills.

I'm one who has to have two or three different ideas, to see what would work for me and my pets. Like La Leche, what works for one mom (insert "snake") doesn't always work for another mom ( ). Even after reading posts and searching some of the stuff just doesn't make sense to me. Even after these months of reading and listening to all the vets and different ideas, I'm still needing to ask the "usual".

I enjoy it here. Adam, Cass, Jo, everyone had good points, but personally, if < I > was locked into a beginners forum, I wouldn't be stopping here 3, 4, 6x a night getting my fix of the caring and HUMOR from Cue's, Adam's, Jamie's, etc........comments. There are nights when you guys/gals are the bomb and JUST what I need to make my day better and my nights here at work at least tolerable.

Yeah, there's some things/ppl that need to be changed, but for every public internet forum, you're going to have to answer the same questions. Maybe just politely and lovingly? let the newbie know that there are now FAQs and stickies and then if there isn't clarity, to ask again. (BTW, the FAQs happened after I signed on, but being more detail oriented, I would have just skimmed and tried to get to the meatier sides of things.)

As for rep points, I would like to give 'em but don't feel worthy or know WHO to give them to. So....thx to those who felt my contributions were worthy of the rep points.

*Whew* All done now.....thx for listening.

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

And that's why I wouldn't administer one Jamie, you'd enjoy it too much and that's not the point of it (well not in my little world but hey....whatever rocks ya boat LOL). No offense intended from my side of this, none taken from yours. Open and reasonable discussion is what it's all about. I hope my point wasn't missed and anyone took what I said as a blame game, it was meant as more a personal responsibility check thing but obviously it came off differently.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011