Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,080

2 members and 3,078 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: small dog interest

I love my chihuahuas.....I have two of them. This one here deffinetly fits the nippy ankle biter label, also a constent yapper when someone is at the house....and up to a half hour after they leave...The other is much bigger and the exact opposite of this lil girl. But I would never give up my chihuahuas.

How bout a Boston Terrier?...another one of my favorite's.

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks

im not to sure. I mean i like mini dobermans, and also shizus. im not a fan of yorkies or poodles.

i dont like yapping barking small dogs can make but I also hate the smell of a cat and i got one of those so its a give and take i guess.

I never thought about a boston terrier. They care cute dogs.

the low sheds dogs are a trouble to keep neat and im not sure spending a mini fortune to get them groomed is what I wanna do. Im sure I can do it myself.
    I just hope it isnt much trouble.

i really apperciate all your input. both good suggestions and ones to stay away from.
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.
    Romans 5:2-4

Thanks

My mom and sister is wanting to get or adopt a pug . I dont really like the small dogs, I like the big dogs. But I got to say I love our little girl.

She LOVES the mountains, especally the water up there.

Thanks

the boston terrier looks really good!

and also a tibetan spaniel. never saw one before but I like the look.

he wouldnt mind a lasa alpso mix but im not sure thats the kind of dog i want.

this is pretty hard!
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worldcupkeeper
    My mom and sister is wanting to get or adopt a pug . I dont really like the small dogs, I like the big dogs. But I got to say I love our little girl.

She LOVES the mountains, especally the water up there.

what kind of dog is this?
    *_*Erica*_*

Thanks

What about checking out your local animal shelter for a small dog? Here there always seem to be a bunch of smaller breeds there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4Khan
    what kind of dog is this?
    Pekingese, we had one that was in the family a LONG time and a few years ago she got into our pool during the winter and drowned (we have no pool now).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worldcupkeeper
    Pekingese, we had one that was in the family a LONG time and a few years ago she got into our pool during the winter and drowned (we have no pool now).
    im sorry to hear that.

I did check the local shelters online. i did see some that might be ok for me but ive adpoted from a shelter before and had a pretty bad expericance. I dont have the engergy to go through it again. puppies in itself are a handful and im not sure a puppy is the route to go either. Im almost sure I would rather just do it by ad and get a dog from the owner. that way i can come to there house with my throwing stars if there is any problems. make them the mayor of pain!!!!!
    *_*Erica*_*

Thanks

I would have to say that working in a pet store around many customers with small dogs my by far favorite were the french bulldogs. However I'm a sucker for the scrunched up faces (used to have a shar pei) with my second favorite being pugs (however you'll pay out the nose for a good quality bloodline pug). Minpins are sweet little dogs as well, a bit more active than pugs....but you'll have to take into consideration what you want from the dog...loyal lap dog, or something that you can take running.

Research, and find something that interests you, research some more, and then find a reputable breeder to meet the parent dogs...asks lots of questions...and then hopefully enjoy your pet for the next 10+ years.

Good luck!
    Jason

Thanks

Or you could find a nice mixed breed in a shelter, one that would live a much longer and healthier life than any "purebred" dog, not to mention you would be saving it from euthanasia. At least coming out of a shelter, the animal would have already been vaccinated, been dewormed, been microchipped and neutered. Makes everything easier on you.

Dogs are such expensive animals to own. You have to worry about providing a good diet(Purina O.N.E., Pro Plan, Eukanuba, Science Diet, Wellness, etc., no store brand crapola), heartworm and flea preventative, yearly shots and boosters.

Hope that gave you a few other suggestions on where to find a suitable dog.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast