Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,237

3 members and 3,234 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Thumbs up Re: breeders, I need you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive
    oh wow; so there's no need to put anything like a bandaid on it? Geez, I don't want to smother it! But I am still worried; it didn't seem like he was moving around!
    Like Adam said let it set and your little freind will come out when he/she is ready.Yes it will peak out and when it notices you looking it will slip back in its shell.Wait until you have a whole clutch and your waiting for them to hatch VERY NERVE RACKING
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Re: breeders, I need you...

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    Like Adam said let it set and your little freind will come out when he/she is ready.Yes it will peak out and when it notices you looking it will slip back in its shell.Wait until you have a whole clutch and your waiting for them to hatch VERY NERVE RACKING
    I think it would be a little more nerve racking starting out with a whole clutch and ending up with only one egg... Good job Ginevive..

Thanks

I am just worried because he's not moving. How long do you think it'll take him to absorb that egg yolk that's still in there? I see no tongue flicking; could he possibly not be formed enough to leave the egg yet? Will the egg's opening affect him if so? I have never felt this way, wondering a thousand things at once about something that's just sitting there, lol.
    Amazingly, the egg is now rounder and not as dented; almost as if the crack enabled it to de-pressurize or something.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Poke him with a q-tip and see if he moves..

Thanks

I am just worried because he's not moving. How long do you think it'll take him to absorb that egg yolk that's still in there? I see no tongue flicking; could he possibly not be formed enough to leave the egg yet? Will the egg's opening affect him if so? I have never felt this way, wondering a thousand things at once about something that's just sitting there, lol.
    Amazingly, the egg is now rounder and not as dented; almost as if the crack enabled it to de-pressurize or something.
    With him moving in their it will move the dented parts.I know you do not see him/her moving but it is.I normaly have mine leave the egg within a day or two of slitting the eggs.I think you said it was day 54 if so it should be formed enough.If it makes you feel a little better i had to assist one of my babies this year.She was unable to pipp the shell so i assisted her and she was only 45 grams.Now she is eating rat crawlers with no problems .If you look at the thread in the sale/trade section here she is one of the 2 i have for sale.You can not tell the differance unless you look at her feed card.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

It's not a crack, it's a slit. Chicken eggs "crack", ball python eggs do not.

They move very little, almost not at all until they come out.

No, you probably won't see any tongue flicking until it's at least out of the egg.

Yes, he/she will sit in there for DAYS ... could be 2, could be 6 ... it's up to the snake.

If he/she wasn't "formed enough", he/she would not have slit the egg ... they don't slit until they're ready, after they slit, they don't come out until they're ready.

In the last 6 weeks I've hatched well over 120 ball pythons ... whats going on with yours doesn't sound any different than every single one of those 120+.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Gin, you are truly blessed (as we all are) to have this kind of support, wisdom and help through this forum. Can you imagine facing this alone! Sending wonderful thoughts your way that all will be well and a healthy, albeit small BP will come out of that egg in a few days.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I appreciate you guys more than anyone could ever know! My theory on this, is that, due to the lower temps the egg was at in the first few days, it it had developed a little slower than normal. Now that I have this awesome incubator and its ability to keep those temps right, I feel 100% prepared for next year's breeding season. These eggs came at me out of the blue, I was not even slightly prepared and had to rig an incubator up out of a cooler and some flexwatts.
    Thanks you guys; as an update, I have to say that nothing looks dif w/ the egg; but I am learning to be more patient. I will try to get our cam back and take a pic; Thanks!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

I appreciate you guys more than anyone could ever know! My theory on this, is that, due to the lower temps the egg was at in the first few days, it it had developed a little slower than normal. Now that I have this awesome incubator and its ability to keep those temps right, I feel 100% prepared for next year's breeding season. These eggs came at me out of the blue, I was not even slightly prepared and had to rig an incubator up out of a cooler and some flexwatts.
    Thanks you guys; as an update, I have to say that nothing looks dif w/ the egg; but I am learning to be more patient. I will try to get our cam back and take a pic; Thanks!
    If you are like me(small breeder) the patient and nervous part never goes away,when i am waiting for a clutch to hatch out .Right now i am waiting for my second corn snake clutches to hatch out from my silver queen and snow,and they are due first or second week of August.I am constantly looking in the windows of the incubator.I also know how you feel with finding that surprise clutch of eggs as it happened to me last year(corn snakes) .Let us know when he/she comes out to say hello new world lol.
    Joe Haggard

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Good luck Gin I can't begin to put myself in your position.I would've melted the apt floor from paceing so hard.I went through some thing similar back in my saltwater hobby.I bought a banded shark egg and he took a whole month to hatch. The good thing with them is you could see them pretty well in the light and know when their comin. I'd take Adam's advice and just try to do other thing's to get your mind off the little guy
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast