Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,334

2 members and 3,332 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Looking for snakes in TN

They are until I can build the cage. it is going to be made of wood and plexiglass, I do know more than you think, everythnig you have told me I already knew, but because I leave it out in the post you assume I don't, which i can understand. I am making cages for all of them, but this takes time, and already know what is coming, " why didn't you build the cages before you got the snakes". Again another assumtpion that I was going to keep the snakes in there their whole lives.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alecz
    They are until I can build the cage. it is going to be made of wood and plexiglass, I do know more than you think, everythnig you have told me I already knew, but because I leave it out in the post you assume I don't, which i can understand. I am making cages for all of them, but this takes time, and already know what is coming, " why didn't you build the cages before you got the snakes". Again another assumtpion that I was going to keep the snakes in there their whole lives.
    Well, that makes sense ... thank you for clarifying.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

are you being sincere or mocking, no i'm not meaning this in a mean way I'm simply asking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alecz
    are you being sincere or mocking, no i'm not meaning this in a mean way I'm simply asking.
    Does it matter? You've basically already told me that you don't care what I have to say in regards to your snakes because you know better ... why would you care what I have to say about anything else?

As sincerely as I can, I wish you all the best with your animals.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

i understand and appreciated the help. the fact is i hate the mistreatment of animals just as much as you guys do. i do respect that. i understand you guys are telling me what is best for the snakes. I have all intentions of seperating them, they are all feeding fine. I am not mistreating them. I hate any kind of mistreatment to any animal. I am building huge cages one at a time obvisouly. And my snakes will not be mistreated or malnurished by anymeans.

Thanks

And I was not saying I knew better but the fact was that you said they might eat eachother, well the only documentation of this is usually in baby pythons. I have not witnessed any aggression. The minute I feel that there is a major need for them to be seperated right away because of aggression problems I would go broke getting a new cage to house the other in. And i was not trying to say I didn't care I was just stating that Alan's bp's monty and diablo were housed together for there whole lives at his house and they were fine. I wasn't disproving or saying you were lying. I'm sorry that it came off that way, honestly.

Banned
    Thanks

Welcome to bp.net Do you have any pics???

Thanks

unfortunatly not yet. I will get some as soon as I can. Thanks for welcoming me I figured after I was attacked and thought of as a horrble snake owner I wouldn't be welcomed. Thanks.

Thanks

OR you could go to a dollar store and spend $3 getting them two separate enclosures. A 12 qt tub is only $1.50 in most places, and you can easily separate them for their well-being.

Since they came from a pet store and were most likely CH, it would be very wise to take a fecal sample from each snake to the vet so they can test for internal parasites. NO ONE can tell from just looking at a snake that they may or may not have internal parasites. Yours may even have external parasites, but just aren't showing the signs yet(ex: mite eggs on snake, not hatched yet).

Also, big enclosures for tiny babies won't work. They will get stressed from all of the open space(not to mention big wooden enclosures are very hard to heat properly) and will most likely stop eating.

Good luck to you...
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

wooden enclosuers that have a screen top are not hard to heat if they have the plexiglass on the sides, big reptile breeders use that setup all the time. And thats a good idea about the tubs. I will get some at walmart. I have seen that used. I will just need to take the dremel to the side and a little on the top for ventalation. As much as I saw it done I never considered that. Thanks.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast