Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,469

1 members and 3,468 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

wanted:cheap ball pythons

Hello, I am looking for some cheap ball pythons, not too paticular on age, or color pattern. Or does anyone know a good place online? Please post a reply here, or send me a private message.
    thanks

Thanks

Re: wanted:cheap ball pythons

Quote Originally Posted by bball4life
    Hello, I am looking for some cheap ball pythons, not too paticular on age, or color pattern. Or does anyone know a good place online? Please post a reply here, or send me a private message.
    thanks
    Why would you want cheap ball pythons? I am sure there are plenty of sick, mite infested ones that you could find for cheap. But after the vet bills, it would have made sense to buy CB babies from a reputable source. What do you plan to do with these Ball Pythons that you don't care about age, color or pattern?

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree.

Herps are like tattoos you get what you pay for. No clue why you would want different ages and sizes. And more than one at the time. Are you starting a pet store? Let us know ?
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I didnt mean it like that, I just meant I am not going to breed them so I dont really want to buy one that is thousands of dollars. Age: I would rather have an 06 hatling, but am open to 05s. I didnt mean to post that way, I was just open to some ideas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bball4life
    I didnt mean it like that, I just meant I am not going to breed them so I dont really want to buy one that is thousands of dollars. Age: I would rather have an 06 hatling, but am open to 05s. I didnt mean to post that way, I was just open to some ideas.
    I'd recommend a normal male from a local breeder. You could probably get one for about $20, and it should be much healthier than one at your local pet shop. I'm sure there a a few people here that could sell you one, but you would have to pay around $50 for shipping.

-Lawrence

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Breeding balls wow what an undertaking. All of us here are sure that you did your research. Well you can get hachlings for between $30 to $100. Its not going to be like opening a lemon aid stand. It will cost you a good bit. For the animals and cages heating, hides, water, mice and rats, incubator. I am under the impression that you have these things already. Oh breeder setups and enough setups ( rack system ) for all your new little herps plus their soon to be hachlings.

We will support your under taking but please tell us you have done your reseach first. We would hate to see the animals get hurt.

Best of luck.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I just got back from a reptile show here in Florida and some of the normal ball pythons that were being sold were 06's for $15. so, check out the upcoming shows at the bottom of the page and find a reptile show around you. That is where you will find the "cheapest" ball pythons. but please keep in mind that ball pythons are not cheap. they're not as expensive as a dog, but there are some hefty prices you need to consider.

A lot of DIY's are featured on this web site on how to make your own enclosure out of a rubbermaid. You will need to come up with 2 hiding spots, some bedding (or news paper), a heating source, a temp gauge...just to name a few. If you're going for looks..there are plenty of REALLLY nice cages you can buy online for a few hundred bucks.

A majority of the forum members feed their snake frozen/thawed rats/mice...usually you can order in bulk online. great way to go.

If there's no shows coming up anytime soon around you, then you should check out Adam at 8ballpythons.com to see what he's got goin on. he's a great guy and can hook you up with a python if you've got everything set up already.

Good luck in your quest for a python, but snakes are long term pets. If you want a keeper, then save your pennies for a few extra months and get one you can't take your eyes off.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog
    Breeding balls wow what an undertaking. All of us here are sure that you did your research. Well you can get hachlings for between $30 to $100. Its not going to be like opening a lemon aid stand. It will cost you a good bit. For the animals and cages heating, hides, water, mice and rats, incubator. I am under the impression that you have these things already. Oh breeder setups and enough setups ( rack system ) for all your new little herps plus their soon to be hachlings.

We will support your under taking but please tell us you have done your reseach first. We would hate to see the animals get hurt.

Best of luck.
    Psssst....Frog....read a little more carefully before you get all caustic on somebody. He said he is NOT interested in breeding...just looking for some pets.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog

Best of luck.
    I think you've mis-understood him. He's not particular on pattern or price because he does not want to breed.

edit: great minds think alike. Please delete this post

Thanks

Dont worry, I have done my research on ball pythons. I know breeding is a lot more difficult in the way I put it . Heres the thing, I have like all the items and all of that, actually for quite awhile now. But I am still debating if I want the set up for a ball python (which I set it up for), or another snake. I wanted to know if anyone on here had any, because, so far I have not found any breeders near me.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast