Hi all! I finally went and got myself a moniter. A beautiful peach throat, young. Captive bred, and handleable. She is a sweetheart, although she tends to scratch a bit.
I have her in a 29 gallon tank for now, she will move into a 50 when she gets larger. I got a ceramic Glow light from Exoterra, and it has a 100W infared Heat Glo lamp. I simply showed the moniter to Exoterra stand, and this is what they said I would need, but I didn't realize it would be red lighted. Hmmm.. does not show her off well. Reptibark, a large limb that is placed so it is high right under the lamp, basking spot correct? And a large water dish, which I fully expect to have to clean every day at least once or twice.
Now: They said she was eating mouse hoppers, which I thought I had some in my freezer, however those were badly freezer-burnt. I did have a pinkie rat the same size, so i offered that. She ate it.. after attempting to tear it apart, and finally swallowed it butt first after mangleing it a bit.
Soo, will rat pinks be okay? What else should I be offering her? And why doesn't the tank seem very hot? I'm having a bit of trouble with my camera posting pictures correctly, but I will get some tomm at the latest hopefully.
Is there a light that will be more visably pleaseing, or should I simply add a fluesant light to it?
She very much enjoys her water dish. And she has a small rub sore on one "wrist" on the left front leg. Neosporin?
I adore her, and I have handled her a bit, and she is active, but spending time soaking in her dish also.
Wolfy