Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

1 members and 3,230 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !!!help!!!

Registered User SnakesvsRodents's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation !!!help!!!

I KNOW THIS ISNT THE PROPER FORUM FOR IT, BUT MAYBE SOME ONE HERE CAN HELP ME OUT I NOTICED MY FEMALE DOG GETTING BIGGER. SHE SEEMS TO BE PREGNANT.WELL SHE IS MY ONLY DOG AND I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO GOT HER PREGNANT SINCE I SEEN 2 DOGGS THUS FAR LEAVE FROM MY PATIO. WELL WHAT I NEED HELP WITH IS WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS SHE GOING TO NEED HELP GIVING BIRTH? HOW WOULD I KNOW WHEN SHE IS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH IF I HAVE NO IDEA WHNE SHE GOT PREGNANT.PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS AT THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY MAYBE I WILL STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT.THANK YOU IN ADVANCED.
    Bernie

Thanks

Re: !!!help!!!

I'm sure a vet would be able to tell for sure. I had some friends of mine whose dog just gave birth to 7 adorable pups..delivered by the vet. i think it was about a $150+ bill....but it's the price you pay for a healthy and safe delivery. Probably your best bet.

edit....you may wanna edit your post and get rid of the all caps...or "shouting" as it's known as...is considered rude. no offence.

Thanks

Your best bet would be to take the dog to the vet. Animals are just like people.....they will go through a pregnacy alot easier and with less complications if they have pre-birthing care. A good vet will also fill you in on all the birthing info when you get her checked up.

.....P.S. Capslock is considered yelling in forums.

EDIT: Nate beat me to that one and with good advice too
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

tehehe

Thanks

If she's not been spayed and was in heat she shouldn't have been allowed outside off leash or unattended. Of course, your neighbours shouldn't have intact males roaming free as well.

Is this her first litter? How old is she? Is she a small breed compared to the males that you saw with her? You'll need to take her to a vet and have this information available as depending on the circumstances it could mean it's safer to take the puppies by c-section or if she's not far along to abort the litter for her safety.

Whatever happens, please consider having her spayed so you can avoid unwanted and unplanned puppies in the future.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I agree that a vet will give you more peace of mind than we possibly can.

Due to the uncertainty of the number and size of the puppies, there is little we can actually do. If for some reason, she did deliver before you can get her to a vet, she should be able to take care of things in a normal birthing. If you feel it's necessary to help you can pull off the sac, and use an old towel to rub the puppy dry. You want to clear the nasal passages, and gently rub the puppy to help stimulate breathing.

Call you vet and at least talk to them. That way you will have a plan in case something does go wrong. Best of luck.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Sorry about the caps i was a little frustrated. She is a cocker spaniel, about 5 yrs old, this will be her first litter, and the two dogs i saw were about the same size as her but not the same type(ithink one of them is a chihuha, the other is unkonw to me im no dog expert but its some kind of a poddle i guess)As far as letting her lose while not beign fixed. She wasnt outside roaming around the dogs that might have mated with her came in side our house through a small gap in the fence that not even my dog has ever gotton through. I dont think she even fits through it. I might be taking to her to the vet tommorow morning to see what he has to say. I know delevering would be best with a vet but if its out of my bugget I might have to help her on my own. Ive been readin info from different sites that were very usuful. Thanks all for contributing.
    Bernie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    I agree that a vet will give you more peace of mind than we possibly can.

Due to the uncertainty of the number and size of the puppies, there is little we can actually do. If for some reason, she did deliver before you can get her to a vet, she should be able to take care of things in a normal birthing. If you feel it's necessary to help you can pull off the sac, and use an old towel to rub the puppy dry. You want to clear the nasal passages, and gently rub the puppy to help stimulate breathing.

Call you vet and at least talk to them. That way you will have a plan in case something does go wrong. Best of luck.
    Thank you. I appreciate your help that is very usuful i have been reading about that. To clean the puppies nasals so they wont sufficate.
    Bernie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you're not 100% sure she's pregnant, it would definitely be in your (and her!) best interest to get her to a vet and make sure. Even if you can't afford having a vet monitor the pregnancy or deliver the puppies....you at least need to rule out some other reason for her belly to be swelling.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    If you're not 100% sure she's pregnant, it would definitely be in your (and her!) best interest to get her to a vet and make sure. Even if you can't afford having a vet monitor the pregnancy or deliver the puppies....you at least need to rule out some other reason for her belly to be swelling.
    I am sure now that she is pregnant. The "swealling" are the puppies inside of her not a tumor of any kind. But i agree i will take her to the vet asap.
    Bernie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast