Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

0 members and 3,216 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MG Reptiles

Thanks

Re: MG Reptiles

Quote Originally Posted by wendyhoo9
    I am not dealing with Matt anymore. From what I understand he is a one man show. It took me a month to receive my last shipment from him as well (after many calls and emails).
    Nice enough guy to talk to but I stopped believing his many assurances that my order was "in the mail" by the end of the first week.

Good luck.
    That is exactly what happened to me. He assured the stuff was in the mail and it wasnt.
    Cody
    ---------------------
    0.1.0 BP Normal (Princess)
    0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake (Allison) For Sale
    Local Pickup Only
    PM Me For More Info

Thanks

I never had a problem ordering from Matt. Great guy. Good business.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Matt helped me with any questions i had for building my rack and he emailed back pretty quick, but, when i went to order the flexwatt for the rack it NEVER came. i got in contact with him and tried to get my money back through pay pal. i guess paypal contacted him or something and he sent us a very rude email. he said he was gonna put my name, phone number, paypal account, or something to that effect, on every forum on the net saying that i was trying to fraud him.

i would never deal with him again although a lot of people seem to like him. the other stuff for the rack like the wire, crimps, and crimp covers came pretty fast with no problem.
    Last edited by mr~python; 06-27-2006 at 02:51 PM.
    -marshall

Thanks

Although it is not good business practice to say something when it's not true, I say keep the slamming to a minimum...I've never ordered from the guy, so I don't know what you guys have had to deal with.

And as mentioned on his web site, it is a one man show. If you've ever run a business on your own, you know and understand how extremely hard it is to keep everything straight all by yourself.

I think it's unfortunate that you guys are still waiting on your order...perhaps he will see this thread as a wake up call and get your stuff out to you before his rep gets ruined around here. I know one thing, I do hate waiting on things due to lag in shipping...in a sence, i feel your pain...

I think one thing that really sets some companies apart from others is customer service.....responding to e-mails, phone calls, forum threads, etc...makes a huuuge difference in sales...Perhaps MG Reptiles should take that into consideration.

I don't mean to offend or defend anyone in my post...just expressing my views on these types of companies. I know Matt is a supporter of this web site. I see his banners flickering all the time and he has 900+ posts. I do not believe he is here only to take your money. Give it some time and you will recieve your product or a refund, i'm sure.

Good luck

Thanks

I got my product quickly and completely w/over $400 of t-stats, flexwatt and other supplies. I've had to wait a couple days for return phone calls, but he's always been willing to answer ALL the questions I had, even when the phone call was about 45 min.

I'm getting ready to place another t-stat order w/him as soon as I get paid again (something about getting another 4 snakes and having run out of plugs on the strip) but everyone has to make their own decision based on their reception of the information.

I'll keep ordering from him.

RuLyn
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

I *heard* through the grapevine that Matt was just dropshipping directly from the manufacturer. Not sure if thats founded or not, but if his business is being slow, why not just go directly to the manufacturer?

www.spyderrobotics.com

I ordered mine right from Dion (the owner) and it took a whole !3 days! to get to my door. I also have a friend who had a defective Herpstat...Dion credited shipping both ways and had the repaired unit back very quickly.
    -Brad

Thanks

Matt is usually really good, but as with all suppliers, he slumped for a little while. He is back up and running as hard as ever. Have faith in him, he is a good man and we all have times where it overwhelms us. I also have had orders delayed from him, but the second was shipped free, and after that: no problems. I, not too long ago actually, ordered some stuff I needed ASAP. He understood and they shipped the same day I ordered them. He really is out for the customer, but we all have our moments. None of us are perfect.
    It's All About Boas
    www.jimisnakes.com
    JimiSnakes Facebook Page
    ~Jimi

Thanks

And maybe if the order costs enough, like over $400 he might send it right away to keep the big spenders. But if it is a small order maybe he just doesnt care very much about. Priority shouldn't take place over the price of the order, it should take place on who ordered when.
    Cody
    ---------------------
    0.1.0 BP Normal (Princess)
    0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake (Allison) For Sale
    Local Pickup Only
    PM Me For More Info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmmuscle91
    And maybe if the order costs enough, like over $400 he might send it right away to keep the big spenders.
    That is unwarranted speculation to attribute to ANY advertiser.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i understand about orders being late, etc. but my order NEVER came and when i tried to get reembursed thru paypal (i guess they have a guarantee about orders never getting received) i got the flexwatt because of paypals guarantee but he sent me a very rude email like i said above, calling me a fraud, and "how dare you" etc, etc.
    -marshall

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast