Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,377

1 members and 2,376 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Thread: Royal Housing..

Thanks

Royal Housing..

Ok, so I know what tyoe of plastic to keep my baby Royal in, but my question is on heat suply. I will be using a heat mat, but what stat do I need to get as there are so many I havent a clue..plus how does it attach to the heat mat to enable it to controll the temps ? also i know the humidity side of thigs are different to corns..how do I provide this ?

thanks

Thanks

Re: Royal Housing..

Hi Lisa, I hope I can answer your questions. If you want the best herp thermostats, I would recommend the Helix or Herpstat proportional thermostats. You can find them directly on their websites, or a retailer such as Reptilebasics, Beanfarm, or MGReptiles. I like them much better than the cheaper On/Off units because it provides a steady, even temperature instead of it constantly fluctuating.

The thermostats come with a cord to plug your heat source into, and a probe that you place on your heat source or near it. Then just set it and forget about it. Although you'll still want to keep a thermometer in the cage to monitor the temp gradient.

As far as the humidity, it can be managed quite well with the plastic cage. If the humidity is too high you can lower it by adding holes to the side of the container. And when you want to bump up the humidity during sheds, you can cover the holes up and/or provide a humid source such as a humid hide or I will just place a wet paper towel on their hide and that always seems to do the trick.

-Lawrence

Thanks

Re: Royal Housing..

Thats sounds brilliant..not as complicated as I 1st thought !

cheers so much