Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

0 members and 3,241 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BP's n cats??

Thanks

BP's n cats??

so we gotta our baby petey but we also have 2 cats so we were wondering if ne 1 had ne experiences with BP's n cats interacting or had their cat attacked or anything. so lets us kno whats up please. THAnks Guys!!

Thanks

Re: BP's n cats??

I also have a BP and two cats, one cat won't come anywhere near the BP, as soon as I go to pull him out of his cage the cat is GONE!!! The other cat could care less, although I always make sure to keep a close eye on them.

Actually, the other day I was sitting on the couch with my BP, and my cat, who happens to be siamese, came up and laid down on the couch to go to sleep. The BP went over to check her out, and my cat just lifted her, looked at the BP, and put her head back down, without a care in the world. Of course I wouldn't actually let the BP go over there, but they don't seem to care about each other at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

your cat is much more of a threat to your snake than your snake is to it. they should never be allowed to interact--a claw or a bite from the cat would be disasterous for a snake.

my cat unfortunately is insanely interested in all things reptilian. she isn't allowed anywhere close to the snakes when they are out because she would be quick to smack at them. i don't think she really knows what the snake is, but because it moves she wants to catch it and play with it. the snakes don't seem to know that she is a predator and so they wouldn't know to try to get away should attempt this.
    - Emily

Thanks

cats and snakes is a bad idea. If given the chance the cat will find a way to eat the snake. Think what happens when a cat finds a mouse. It play wit hit to death. same with a snake.

im not saying get rid of your cats, just when you have the snake out make sure the cat or cats are out of the room. Better safe then sorry.

Beauty the BP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakepatch
    I also have a BP and two cats, one cat won't come anywhere near the BP, as soon as I go to pull him out of his cage the cat is GONE!!! The other cat could care less, although I always make sure to keep a close eye on them.

Actually, the other day I was sitting on the couch with my BP, and my cat, who happens to be siamese, came up and laid down on the couch to go to sleep. The BP went over to check her out, and my cat just lifted her, looked at the BP, and put her head back down, without a care in the world. Of course I wouldn't actually let the BP go over there, but they don't seem to care about each other at all.
    Gotta love those Siamese! They are awesome cats!
    It's All About Boas
    www.jimisnakes.com
    JimiSnakes Facebook Page
    ~Jimi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty the BP
    cats and snakes is a bad idea. If given the chance the cat will find a way to eat the snake. Think what happens when a cat finds a mouse. It play wit hit to death. same with a snake.

im not saying get rid of your cats, just when you have the snake out make sure the cat or cats are out of the room. Better safe then sorry.

Beauty the BP
    Actually our cats dont play with mice or rats. They sniff them then walk away. Clingy rat babies can ride around on top of the cats

But as far as BP's, our cats act FREAKED out when they see or are near one, and jump straight up in the air if you make noises . It was our cats that found our one missing BP
    bryan

Thanks

i am always awware of where my cat is when i have my BP out. my cat is pretty curious as are many cats. however in the past few months i have noticed that my cat pays less attention to my BP when i have him out of the cage.

My bp seems to not feal my cat is a threat as it will consistantly try and move towards the cat if she is anywhere close. However i keep them seperated.

Thanks

My cat lives to kill my snake. He sits there just glaring intently. The cat is never around when the snake comes out. Even if the cat was only curious it could make the snake nervous and I would be the one in striking range.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

I agree cats and any snakes are bad news.I rescued a few snakes that were tore up by the family cat.Dont blame the cats though it in the instinct to be curious about everything.Now snakes and pitbulls are a nice mixture(at least with our pits lol).Whenever i bring a snake upstairs all i do is say dont hurt the baby and they understand.Our female even comes up and gives them love its funny.Now our male could care less ever since he was biting by a baby boa a few years back.He used to come up to our large retic and she would just look at him,then the boa baby nails him on the nose.So he avoids them all now .Keep a close eye on the cats because the snakes could care less lol.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

My cat watches my bp thru the glass doors of his cage but when I open the door she runs. I have held the bp and walked around with him and my cat loves to watch and has that pounce look in her eye.
    When ever I take my bp out I shut my bedroom door making sure the cat is not in there.
    I don't trust my cat, somedays she acts like she is scared to death and others she acts like if she could sneek up on him she would love to attack/play with him.
    I would keep the cats and the bp apart.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast