Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 824

0 members and 824 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
    Thanks

Tips for keeping your house plants from being used as a litter tray. works also for

OK here is a bit is easy cheap wisdom i have learned thru the years of being a cat rescuer on top of my other things,

take tea bags and leach them out s oall you have is the bag of leeched tea. Allow to dry out completely and impregnate it with pure orange oil, eucolyptis works as well. Now place these eta bags just under the surface of the soil to your post or garden.

This works because cats do not like strong smells and citrus is the worst to them. and they will go where they are supposed to and not your plants. You can also take your orange peels and scatter them behind your couch and such to keep them from going there as well. you just need to replace those once a week.

Beauty the BP

Thanks

Re: Tips for keeping your house plants from being used as a litter tray. works also

Oh excellent tip Jessica! Wish I'd known that one years ago. My female cat (now deceased) didn't use the plants as a litter box but she'd dig about in them and generally kill the roots. That might have saved a lot of mess and frustration on my part. I eventually just gave up having house plants. Between the cat and my own "black" thumb we managed to kill em all.
    ~~Joanna~~