Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,301

0 members and 3,301 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: odd feline behaviour

The drool you have to live with, they do it when happy and relaxed and as the cat gets older, it gets worse.

As far as the biting goes, when the cat bites, scruff the cat, say no firmly, give a small shake, and put the cat on the floor. The on the floor part is important. I had a Maine coon mix that I lost recently that was a real lover, but wanted love on his terms. He would bite it you tried to put him down before he was ready. This worked wonders for me. Cats like attention, as soon as he understands the attention stops when the biting starts, your poblem will soon be over.

Thanks

Re: odd feline behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Mina
    . I had a Maine coon mix that I lost recently that was a real lover, but wanted love on his terms. He would bite it you tried to put him down before he was ready.
    That sooo reminds me of the cat I had before my Mikey.
    His name was baby kitty a main coon mix. He was a real weenie! He did wonders for my bats of sad times and he only liked me. He would come be me when he wanted to and let me stuff him in a sling type style with my shirt and walk around the house with him with only his head and tail poking out. He would fetch, and he his favorite pass time would be to watch the birds. He didnt like my mom to much or the other cat. He was my macho man!
    Now mikey is my handsome feline who I spoil worse than any pet Ive ever owned...boy it sure makes my boyfriend jealous!
    *_*Erica*_*
    And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance,character; and character, hope.
    Romans 5:2-4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12