Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

0 members and 3,165 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: New cage time!!

Thanks

Talking New cage time!!

Ive been wanting to build a new cage for a while now... Glass aquarium is alright for a while but it gets boring after a while. Today I was driving down the road and I saw this house that had all these shipping containers outside. You know, the big wooden ones that you see in like movies or whatever. So I stopped to see if anyone was home. The lady said shed sell me a container for 15 bucks. Im not sure yet what type of wood its made of, but the inside is getting sanded refinished and covered with contact paper or something of the sort so I dont think it really matters, If I had to guess Id say it was pine. Its about 6 foot long 4 foot tall and 2 foot deep when you turn it on its side. I wanna build a plexiglass front and a false floor so I can recess a water bowl. I also want to make a faux rock wall in the back using chicken wire and drywall mud, like someone else on here did. I think it looks pretty awesome, Its really rugged looking so I think I'm gonna go with that theme. Im gonna sand the whole thing and maybe stain the outside really dark... Im gonna go pick it up tomorrow and get to work so Ill get pics asap if anyones interested. Does anyone think this sounds like a bad idea? If so let me know, and If anybody wants Ill try and do a step by step with pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Re: New cage time!!

I would love having you do a step by step walkthrough, because i am also going to build my own snake cage.