Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

1 members and 3,276 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petco Adoption

Thanks

Re: Petco Adoption

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonkey51
    He was in the same cage as all the others for sale, the lady stood there and told me that he lost his tail that morning at the store and he went up for adoption. I could tell the tail stub was fresh and I had no reason to not believe her. As well as you say Petco takes care of their animals I have seen and heard many things that contradict that.

You are more than welcome to come to my store and you will have a little bit of trouble remembering everything you have just typed. If an adoption animal was in the cage with the display animals, that is against store policy. If the animal was up for adoption because it lost its tail, that is against store policy. One employee doesnt make up petco. If everything you are saying is infact true (which i have a bit of trouble believing), The woman you are speaking of should be fired immediately, because she violated much more than just one policy.

I havent been to any over our other stores that were in anything other that tip-top shape, so i believe you are trying to follow on the coat-tails on many other members of the Petco-haters club by generalizing everything.

Thanks

The point is YOUR store. There are good and bad. I am going to side with green in that I don't think he was being overly critical or talking bad about petco as a whole. No need to flame him so much. Like I said your store may be nice but others are not necesarily that way. I know the one by me can only take care of mice and sometimes I wonder how well they can do that. Congrats on the crestie, he looks awesome.
    -Chris-
    1.0 ball python
    0.1 hog island boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hornsrule
    The point is YOUR store. There are good and bad. I am going to side with green in that I don't think he was being overly critical or talking bad about petco as a whole. No need to flame him so much. Like I said your store may be nice but others are not necesarily that way. I know the one by me can only take care of mice and sometimes I wonder how well they can do that. Congrats on the crestie, he looks awesome.

If you will take your oh-so-precious time to read everything i wrote you will realize that i said many of the other stores i visited were in very good shape.

Thanks

I did read that bud. Why are you getting so mad over this??? Are you implying that because you have been to some nice stores that everyone else is lying about their experiences. Are mine or green's any less valid because of the ones you have had? I am going to say no.
    -Chris-
    1.0 ball python
    0.1 hog island boa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

lucifer, it is wonderful that your stores and the stores you have visited are so great, but you have to realize that that does not mean that every single petco is that way.
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hornsrule
    I did read that bud. Why are you getting so mad over this??? Are you implying that because you have been to some nice stores that everyone else is lying about their experiences. Are mine or green's any less valid because of the ones you have had? I am going to say no.

Again, another one that jumps to conclusions. Im just saying, from people that i talk to all over america, its only people from this board that think poorly of petco. Generlization is what pisses me off, friend. I just dont like people bad-mouthing the entire business because of a few idiots that deserve to be fired. Keep in mind, its not the business that messes things up...its the un-trained employees. Your beef should be with them, not the business as a whole.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    lucifer, it is wonderful that your stores and the stores you have visited are so great, but you have to realize that that does not mean that every single petco is that way.

Can you point out to me in one area that i said that every single one of the stores is perfect? Like i said, generalization is what gets me ticked. Assumptions and self-made conclusions are the downfall of mankind.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Again, another one that jumps to conclusions. Im just saying, from people that i talk to all over america, its only people from this board that think poorly of petco.
    that is ENTIRELY false. many other people from many other boards have had bad experiences with petco.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Generlization is what pisses me off, friend.
    but you are generalizing when you say that every petco is good...

and, easy on the hostility ok?
    - Emily

Thanks

I have been to a few stores that have been less than exampleary. I have no doubt that your store is very well kept, but my experiences have soured me a bit. Lately I have noticed Petco seemingly on an campaign to clean up their image as far as reptiles. The one I visit seems to have wised up and started keeping better care of their reptiles. My main complaint is still about their ball pythons. Even though I have got a couple geckos from them I would still never consider buying a snake from them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    that is ENTIRELY false. many other people from many other boards have had bad experiences with petco.

but you are generalizing when you say that every petco is good...

and, easy on the hostility ok?

Where did i say that every petco is good?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast