Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,353

2 members and 3,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: breeding loans

Thanks

Re: breeding loans

The thing about breeding loans is that first and foremost you trust the perosn you are going to do the breeding loan with,then you work out a contract that both parties are happy with and can and will cover all the details both parties want protected. Common sense fair play and good judgement just makes good sense to cover all the things that you can think might go wrong so nobody is suprised and both parties are happy or at least satisfied if something goes wrong.Hope for the best plan for the worst and when all is done you still can remain civil and friendly no matter what the results.
    Michael
    1.0 Het Albino BP ~ 1.0 Het Axanthic BP ~ 1.0 Het Pied BP
    1.0 Yellowbelly BP ~ 1.0 Cinnamon Pastel
    0.1 Pastel BP ~ 0.18 Normal BP's
    0.1 Albino Nelson's Milksnake ~ 1.2 BCI
    2008 BP Hatchlings - 3.4 Yellowbelly, 1.3 Normal

"Your enemy is never a villian in his own eyes.Keep this in mind;it may offer a way to make him your friend." "Little girls like butterflies need no excuses."

Banned
    Thanks

Thank you all for the input. I understand the importance of a written contract but vaughn and I are on the same page. This year I handed off a big money bp for loan on a simple hand shake. I trust the person. Both parties win if babies are made. If not then I am no worse off than before. This male was just sitting around doing nothing since I had no females for him.

Just curios as to what the normal agreement is if things go south.

I personally understood the risk that I might not get the snake back, it's the risk I was willing to take and do not expect compensation. I also expect that the snake will be well cared for, just like the rest in his collection.

Thanks

I just think you NEED to have terms in place for the possibility that something bad could happen. What if your animal gets sick while at the other persons facility/house? Maybe it is something like internal parasites. Who pays for the vet visit? What if it is something more serious and your snake dies? What kind of compensation are you entitled to? Hand shakes are all fine and well but that friend/trusted individual could turn on you in a second if things go south.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    I just think you NEED to have terms in place for the possibility that something bad could happen. What if your animal gets sick while at the other persons facility/house?Maybe it is something like internal parasites. Who pays for the vet visit? What if it is something more serious and your snake dies? What kind of compensation are you entitled to? Hand shakes are all fine and well but that friend/trusted individual could turn on you in a second if things go south.
    thats why i like and want a contract so all parties know whos jobs what and there should be no fighting. because everything in in black and white not gray matter(sp)
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123